01-24-06, 08:49 AM   #1
Star
A Murloc Raider
What mod gives this chat message?

Does anyone know what mod gives the following message in the chat box?
4: Raid leader is : raid1:

It is constantly repeating this message and is very annoying, so I would like to remove it.
01-24-06, 12:54 PM   #2
Gaean
A Fallenroot Satyr

Don't personally know about that message, but in cases like that I usualy disable addons until I can isolate which is causing the problem. Like in your case I would first target the addons that deal with raid/party/chat fuctions.
02-03-06, 07:00 AM   #3
Star
A Murloc Raider
Ya you are right...I will have to bite the bullet and play in raids without all of my beloved addons. Thanks for helping.
02-03-06, 10:05 AM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Star
Ya you are right...I will have to bite the bullet and play in raids without all of my beloved addons. Thanks for helping.
Or just get a grep program to search for the first part of that string your add-on directory. Certain text editors will also do that, for example UltraEdit.
02-03-06, 01:32 PM   #5
Critters
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Or just get a grep program to search for the first part of that string your add-on directory. Certain text editors will also do that, for example UltraEdit.
Even Windows' built-in search has this ability.
02-04-06, 08:55 AM   #6
Star
A Murloc Raider
I tried to use the Windows search function and it didn't work. It didn't even work for words that are in a file. I must have a service turned off that gives this function.

So I downloaded the Grep program and it worked! It is CastParty that is giving this message. Now I just have to figure out how to turn off the message.

Thanks guys!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What mod gives this chat message?