12-19-09, 01:55 PM   #21
Amenity

This is also Stuf, and is very non-square.

Really, your "squareness" is a limitation of your textures, not your actual frames. 99.99999% of pre-fab bar textures are rectangles.

I think OpenRDX can do some really crazy stuff too, but I've never sat around and messed with it. I saw a screenie once where player/mana bars were arcs and it looked pretty cool. /shrug

And of course, oUF can do just about anything. Check out Metzerott's stuff.
12-19-09, 03:00 PM   #22
Chromethous
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thanks Seerah, yer da best.

As for non-standard UI Maul made an orb mod that's kinda old. and then theres RingThing which looks really nifty but is completely Lua based. If you don't mind doing some work those could be a good place to start.
12-20-09, 09:39 AM   #23
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Chromethous View Post
..Mine is a Huge cluster of LDB button plugins.. I see you all have nice Buff bar buttons. and the circle bar/map cluster Limb0 posted looks nifty. what are you guys using for the buff bar?
I also use LDB, but it's set to be hidden until mouseover, the same as my raid buffs.

I get mixed criticism for the circular buttons, but they are the ButtonFacade Serenity skin which comes packed with a rounded square skin.

For Raid buffs/Player debuffs I use Satrina Buff Frames. Target, Party, Focus and Pet debuffs I let Stuf handle via a simple icon rather than the Icon/Bar/Name/Timer combo that I use with SBF. For Important temporary buffs/target debuffs, I use RoguePowerBars with custom added spells.

Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
Really, your "squareness" is a limitation of your textures, not your actual frames. 99.99999% of pre-fab bar textures are rectangles.
My UI is pretty heavy on bars and it's something I've been trying to lighten up. The UF bars are very slightly rounded and for the moment I'm happy with them, but I think I'll play around with rounder raid frames.

Last edited by Limb0 : 12-20-09 at 09:42 AM. Reason: added RPB

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » True custom unit frame mod?