01-12-10, 02:29 PM   #1
skullytor01
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite 3.31 issues

ive had carbonite active for about six months, absolutely love it, but it is totally nonactive with the new patch. i tried disabling all other addons, uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. whats odd is that i have 2 systems, it runs perfectly on one, and encounters a fatal error on the other. Both wow clients are up to date and run the exact same addons. when i log on i get a glitch screen, and cannot access any form of map (even clicking on the map key on the top right compass). any suggestions?

01-12-10, 03:49 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Delete the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files from ...wtf/...<player>/SavedVariables folder for the player who's having the problem. Restart WoW, turn off all addons except Carbonite, and see if that fixes it.

01-13-10, 12:49 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Delete the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files from ...wtf/...<player>/SavedVariables folder for the player who's having the problem. Restart WoW, turn off all addons except Carbonite, and see if that fixes it.
Just to make sure: That's (path to your main World of Warcraft folder)\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables\. . . . . . and in that folder you want to delete (or rename) the Carbonite.lua and Carbonite.lua.bak files. These files hold the configuration information for Carbonite for this account.

If you go into the character folders you will find a "SavedVariables" folder with the same named files, but those files only seem to hold "taxi" information, so I would suggest leaving them alone.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 3.31 issues