05-28-10, 02:56 PM   #1
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
mount addon

I was recently looking again into getting an addon to handle my mounts. I was used to mountifull, back in the days when it was not broken like s***. And yes I know it's been "updated" on curse, it's still full of bugs.

What I'm looking for is a mount addon that does NOT offer a "one button solution". I do want it to create 2 macros (or keybindings). One for ground mounts and one for flying mounts. It should let me choose some ground and some flying mounts - ideally from the mount interface in game, but any kind of commands, or even by lua editing would be fine, too. And after that randomly cast a ground or flying mount from the list of chosen mounts.

Again, I don't want it to cast flyable whenever flyable is possible, please.

Is there any addon out there that does that? Basically something that can be done through a macro, but with a little more usability and without the limitations of a macro (256 or 1024 characters).

Thanks, for suggestions.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

05-28-10, 03:48 PM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I believe Haste coded up something like that. You would only need to create an additional slash command.

http://github.com/haste/Noru
05-28-10, 04:03 PM   #3
NitraMo
A Fallenroot Satyr
I use Livestock, it got the intelligent function, but it also got commands for only ground and only flying

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Livestock.html
05-28-10, 04:31 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
sCompanions - a little addon I've been holding onto because I wasn't sure if anyone else would want to use it. Maybe I'll put it on a download page...

Gives you 4 slash commands (which could be put into macros - global account macros, even):
/scompanions slowground
/scompanions fastground
/scompanions slowair
/scompanions fastair

What it does:
Picks a random mount of the type you choose. If you're mounted when you run the slash command, it will dismount you.

How it works:
  • You enter in the mounts you wish to use in the .lua file. There are 4 tables at the top of the file, one for each mount type. You can enter as many or as few as you wish, for just one of your characters, or for all of them.
  • When you login, sCompanions sifts through the mounts that you know and compares them to the ones you've entered in the tables in the .lua file. If you have a mount that's set to "true" in the .lua file, then sCompanions saves it to use later.
  • When you use your macro/slash command, sCompanions randomly picks a mount of that type from those you know and want to select from (listed in the .lua file and set to true).

I use my macros with OPie. The default/quick-action is a flying mount. If I wish to use a ground mount, I open the ring and select the other macro.

/edit: it doesn't auto-update itself when you learn a new mount. You'll have to reload the UI. (You'd have to reload the UI anyway, if the mount weren't already listed in the .lua file.)

/editedit: on rare occasion, I will get an error pertaining to my code, which I haven't really delved into solving yet. (The addon was just for me, and I could still use it.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip sCompanions.zip (1.2 KB, 759 views)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 05-28-10 at 04:34 PM.
05-28-10, 05:08 PM   #5
Ihadurca
An Aku'mai Servant

Uh.. I just made my own macros. Not really that hard, only a problem when you get a new mount. /shrug I have 2 of them, one for ground and one for flying.

It's easy to set up. Each box is a number in order from left to right so your first mount is 1. Just add the ones you want.

If you don't want to use an addon you can use the macro I use.

Code:
/run if IsMounted() then Dismount() return end t={3,5,9,11,22,30,33,35,42,43,45,57,58,62,63,65,66,67,79,80,82,83,85,91,97,99,100} CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)])
05-28-10, 05:58 PM   #6
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Thanks a lot to all of you. A lot of nice options to choose from.

@Seerah
Thanks for sharing! From looking at the code, it seems to be exactly what I want. I'll test this out asap.

@Ihadurca
Like you said, it becomes tricky when you gain new mounts. Except from that it's nice.

I'll most likely use sCompanion or maybe Noru with some modifications.
Thanks again for all the nice suggestions!

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

05-28-10, 11:51 PM   #7
Taryble
A Molten Giant

If you're using ArkInventory as a bag addon, you can keybind "Random Flying Mount" and "Random Ground Mount" in the blizzard keybinds, in the AI area.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » mount addon