07-02-10, 12:42 AM   #1
Ihadurca
An Aku'mai Servant

DagAssist, Calendar, and DockStation, oh my!

I'm fairly new to customizing my ui and I have it set up almost how I want. Only 2 things more would make it perfect for me and they are minor but I don't have any clue on doing it.

1: I am using Dock Station and I love it. I am wondering though, is there anyway for me to dock my DagAssist button up on it? I have not yet found a way to accomplish this but I'm still trying. LOL

2: Also to do w/ Dock Station is the calendar. I don't want it on the Mini-map I want it up there. So far I only found one Calendar broker and it didn't do what I wanted it to, which was show the date. LOL So does anyone know of a way to put calendar up on the Dock Station and still give me the option of opening up Calendar while showing me what the date is?

Ty all so much for helping me with my randomness. LOL

Uh.. I think I posted this in the wrong place. I'm sorry I meant to put it in Interface Request.

Last edited by Ihadurca : 07-02-10 at 02:44 AM. Reason: put in wrong spot.
07-02-10, 09:30 AM   #2
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, maybe others can offer more complete solutions, but this is the best I can offer:

I used DagAssist once upon a time, but when I moved from Titan to LDB, I replaced DA with Broker Transit and Broker ActionMenu. Transit takes care of the portals and other transportation items, ActionMenu simply gives you a tool for creating a custom menu, which you can use to easily put all your profession-related links and tracking options in an LDB menu. I know it may sound like a lot of work and splits one addon into two, but I was glad I did it personally.

For my calendar access via LDB plugins, I'm using Broker uClock. It's very good in my opinion, but ... it only shows the date in the tooltip, not actually in the text of the plugin itself. But if you shift+click on the time, it will show the calendar frame. If you can't find the perfect addon, you can always take one that's close (like uClock) and change the code to match your needs, or get some willing person (like me) to do it for you and tell you exactly what to change. Or if you're patient, make a feature request in the addon's comments tab, and hope the author adds your feature in himself.

Anyways, that's my $0.02. Hope it helps at least a little bit!
07-02-10, 07:18 PM   #3
Ihadurca
An Aku'mai Servant

I really don't want 2 different addons to replace my one. That Transit one would be great if I could add in my professions and whatever else I wanted on my own, like I did w/ Dagassist (added like fish feast and flask in there lol)

As for the clock one, that's not really what I needed either. You know how the default blizzard icon is a thing on the minimap showing what today's date is and if you click it the calendar pops up? That's what I want but up on my docking station. ^_^

Sorry to be so difficult.

I have no lua understanding but I am willing to try and give this a shot if someone could tell me how to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Ty all in advance for the help.
07-02-10, 07:51 PM   #4
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, with no Lua experience, it'll be a lot harder to adjust the code for Broker_Transit than to do this: Remember, Broker_ActionMenu allows you to create custom menus. You just use that in the game to create a menu with your ports and tradeskill stuff it's really easy to use.

And isn't that what I said Broker_uClock does? You'd have to make a minor adjustment to it so that it shows the date, but you (shift) click on it and it brings up the calendar. How is that not what you need?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » DagAssist, Calendar, and DockStation, oh my!