07-22-10, 11:17 AM   #441
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i think im just gonna camp my battle.net account like i would a lvl25 tauren druid in Ashenvale. Ctrl+V happens to be my bind of Shadow Word: Death
07-22-10, 12:19 PM   #442
saulhudson
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Any update on the issues or are we looking at a fix tomorrow now?
07-22-10, 12:22 PM   #443
erson
A Defias Bandit
Hm hope this might fix it!

"There will be maintenance on the Battle.net services today at approximately 11:00AM PST. At this time, you will not be able to login to the Beta servers. Maintenance is expected to last 2 hours.

More information will be posted as it becomes available."
07-22-10, 12:22 PM   #444
chippydip
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by saulhudson View Post
Any update on the issues or are we looking at a fix tomorrow now?
Its still only 11:20 am at Blizzard HQ. Not saying that it won't be tomorrow before things are fixed, but there are certainly enough hours left in the day to remain hopefully optimistic ;-)
07-22-10, 12:23 PM   #445
Elhana
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
They will fix it soon (tm)
07-22-10, 12:33 PM   #446
Talryn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Great news on getting all those keys. Hopefully you can get the rest of us in next time.

I have a question for anyone with two accounts under one battle.net id. Can you now use the beta on both accounts or will it be one key per account? They seem to be moving in that direction since the authenticators are per battle.net it and not per account.
07-22-10, 12:38 PM   #447
tutti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Based on what I hear from people who can get their keys to work, the beta is a separate WoW account under battle.net. So only one each anyway.
07-22-10, 12:41 PM   #448
Kaidian
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by erson View Post
Hm hope this might fix it!

"There will be maintenance on the Battle.net services today at approximately 11:00AM PST. At this time, you will not be able to login to the Beta servers. Maintenance is expected to last 2 hours.

More information will be posted as it becomes available."
That looks promising
07-22-10, 12:41 PM   #449
chippydip
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Talryn View Post
I have a question for anyone with two accounts under one battle.net id. Can you now use the beta on both accounts or will it be one key per account? They seem to be moving in that direction since the authenticators are per battle.net it and not per account.
AFAIK the beta shouldn't be tied to any particular account. It should show up as a separate "game" under your Battle.net account, just like separate copies of wow, the PTR, Starcraft, etc do. I'm pretty sure you can copy characters from any WoW account within that Battle.net account over to the beta client.
07-22-10, 12:51 PM   #450
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by chippydip View Post
AFAIK the beta shouldn't be tied to any particular account. It should show up as a separate "game" under your Battle.net account, just like separate copies of wow, the PTR, Starcraft, etc do. I'm pretty sure you can copy characters from any WoW account within that Battle.net account over to the beta client.
I think the question was more pertaining to whether if you have two accounts linked to your battle.net, can you play two instances of beta at the same time.

i.e can he/she and their bf/gf play beta at the same time?

I would assume the answer to be no.
07-22-10, 12:54 PM   #451
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Emythrel View Post
I think the question was more pertaining to whether if you have two accounts linked to your battle.net, can you play two instances of beta at the same time.

Their bf/gf can definitely not play on their account, that is against Blizzard's rules.
07-22-10, 12:55 PM   #452
Talryn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Emythrel, that was another curiosity but I'd be happy if I have access to both sets of characters. Being able to play two copies of the beta isn't necessary for me at this time. I never deleted any characters and when my wife decided she didn't like the game and didn't want to play it, I kept the extra account and have used it to hold various characters.

In the past, obviously one key would only give you access to that account's characters with the new battle.net change I thought perhaps they were consolidating it.

It sounds like no one has tried it yet. I guess I'll find out soon. Maybe I'll post back later if I find out and let everyone know what I found.
07-22-10, 12:55 PM   #453
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Emythrel View Post

That would be correct. Since the beta shows up as its own game, it cannot be played by two people. HOWEVER, I think you can use your beta account and your regular account at the same time.
07-22-10, 12:55 PM   #454
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
The key only works on a single account, correct.
07-22-10, 12:57 PM   #455
Talryn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks Cairren. That's what I thought (or was afraid of). Just means a couple of my characters get left out, not a big deal.
07-22-10, 12:59 PM   #456
bboyser8
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Talryn View Post
Thanks Cairren. That's what I thought (or was afraid of). Just means a couple of my characters get left out, not a big deal.
From what I've heard, if you have two WoW accounts on one Bnet account, you can copy characters from both accounts.
07-22-10, 01:06 PM   #457
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by bboyser8 View Post
From what I've heard, if you have two WoW accounts on one Bnet account, you can copy characters from both accounts.
Yes, I've done this myself.
07-22-10, 01:06 PM   #458
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Beta realms are also being taken down.

We will be bringing down the Beta servers today for maintenance at approximately 12:30 PM PST. There is currently no estimated time for the completion of this maintenance.

This thread will be updated as more information becomes available.
So we wouldn't be able to be playing on the beta right now if our keys worked right now anyway.
07-22-10, 01:07 PM   #459
Talryn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ok, that's good news Lombra. Thanks for the information.
07-22-10, 01:08 PM   #460
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Icecoldcoke View Post
Their bf/gf can definitely not play on their account, that is against Blizzard's rules.
You can have more than one wow account associated to your battle.net and I know many husbands and wives who have both accounts on one battle.net account. And as far as I'm aware, its perfectly legit for them to do so.

However, as stated above, they wouldn't be able to both play cata at the same time.... though in theory i would assume they can take turns lol

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!