07-30-10, 10:07 AM   #1
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Font scale question

I'm puzzled by what seems to be the same font properties between displayed slightly differently by two different addons (Prat & MSBT).

In the screen shot below the words "Borean Leather" are being displayed both in the chat frame, and in an MSBT scroll area. The words appear slightly larger in the chat frame, yet both look pixel "perfect" to my eye. Both addons are configured to use the Pico font at size 16 with default shadow values, and thin outline.

I'm reminded of a web design context where 16pt and 16px are two different things. Might something similar be at work here...or am I just seeing things?

This is Korda UI if anyone's wondering...

07-30-10, 10:11 AM   #2
aiikachi
A Cyclonian

I overlayed the two fonts in the image in an image editor and they look exactly the same size. Must be a trick-of-the-eye.
07-30-10, 10:27 AM   #3
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by aiikachi View Post
I overlayed the two fonts in the image in an image editor and they look exactly the same size. Must be a trick-of-the-eye.
Thanks. Guess I should've done that first.

Here's another shot....does the combat text not look significantly larger than the chat text to anyone else?

07-30-10, 10:34 AM   #4
aiikachi
A Cyclonian

Again, overlayed it's the same size. I admit it does -look- bigger. I had the same issue/concern when I was setting up my UI.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Font scale question