04-11-06, 11:56 AM   #1
Movarrin
Premium Member
Premium Member
AFK breaking ??

Has anyone else been having problems with their AFK breaking?

If I'm correct, this kind of thing can get you banned, so I'm very worried about.

I came back from a shower the other day and my chat log was filled with messages.
"You are AFK: Away From Keyboard"
"You are no longer AFK"

Over and over over. This is scary. I've noticed this happening when I put on my flag manually as well.

Perhaps I'm running an add-on that is not kosher? I'll list them in sec. And before you go there, I don't do bots. I have no .exe files that run with WoW. Not even the Vent overlay add-on.

I do have a Logitech g15 keyboard. I haven't even programmed the G-keys. I just like the lighted keys,and the LCD display that tells me who is talking in vent. No other macros created or used by it. I haven't even remapped any of the keys. And the default WoW profile is disabled.

I do use a Belkin Nostromo n52. Again no macros. Just my keys mapped so I can use my left hand to do all my attacks more comfortably. So like First key is mapped to '1', etc.

All I can think is some add-on I'm using is somehow cycling thru and breaking my AFK. Please help me identify it.

These are all the addons I run.
Atlas, Auctioneer, Autoinvite, Autoprofit, Cirk's Autorank, Badapples, Bags_and_Merchants, BonusScanner, CCWatch, CharacterProfiler, Chatmanager, CombatStats, the full CT_Mod, CT_RaidAssist, and CT_BossMod, Decursive, EnchantingSell, enhToolTip, FishingBuddy, FishPing, FlightMap, GRogueTicker, Informant, ItemRack, LootHog, MonkeyBuddy, MonkeyLibrary, MonkeyQuest, MonkeySpeed, MoveableBags, OutfitDisplayFrame, RogueLogic, RogueSpam, sct, SpellAlert, Stubby, Titan, TitanAtlas, TitanClock, TitanHonorPlus, TitanItemBonuses, TitanLootHog, TitanLootType, TitanMoney, TitanPerformance, TitanRegen, TitanRepair, TitanStanceSets, TitanXP, TrinketMenu, WeaponQuickSwap, WhisperCast, ZGXdrops.

I don't PVP, so I don't really care about going AFK. It's the auto-unflagging an re-flagging that is distressing me. Could 2 mods be fighting and causing this?

Sorry for the long post.
04-11-06, 12:08 PM   #2
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well I don't know what your specific problem is here is what I would do if I had that problem.

1.) Make sure all the mods are up to date and update
2.) If problem persists, remove Interface>Addons and WTF>Account>YourAccountName>SavedVariables into a nice back up folder on desktop.
3.) Reinstall only the updated mods
4.) Slowly add old mods that are totally neccessary in some sort of order you define
5.) If everything then works with all the old mods and new mods together take old auctioneer lua put it back in to get old item db back and run game

So in short your problem is more than likely one of two things. Old mod not working right with patch or maybe old mod saved lua doesn't like new mod format. I really hope that helps you. Everytime in the past I've had problems this method here has fixed all my problems.
04-11-06, 12:13 PM   #3
Movarrin
Premium Member
Premium Member
Ugh. HOurs of work, but better safe than sorry.

I'll try that.
04-11-06, 06:39 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm having a similar, if less extreme problem. Usually my AFK state only "breaks" itself once or twice, rather than over and over. I've tracked my problem down to the flagRSP addon. I'm not sure WHY flagRSP breaks and resets my AFK, but I believe it has something to do with the fact that it's using a chat channel to invisibly send and receive data between users. I'm not familiar with all of the addons you listed, but if any of them use a chat channel (right click on your chat window tab in-game and see if there are any channels with funny names) they could be the culprit.
04-11-06, 08:56 PM   #5
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

my afk/dnd problem

my afk problem is when i get a tell when afk or dnd it dont let them know that im akf/dnd.. So i keep getting the same morons spamming there messages over and over.. if anyone know why i lost my afk/dnd let me know.. I have tryed it all, reinstalling wow, playing with default only, and still nothing =(
04-12-06, 08:06 AM   #6
Movarrin
Premium Member
Premium Member
I have several mods that use chat channels to communicate including CT_RaidAssit, SW-Stats, and maybe one or 2 others.

I did notice CTRA sending version info in the last channel I was in if I didn't leave the channel and others didn't leave the channel as well. When they would log in, I'd see version info in that channel.

Could that be it?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » AFK breaking ??