05-29-10, 09:20 PM   #1
LippyPantaloons
A Murloc Raider
Map in Mini-Map n00b

I'm a little confused by some of the 'docked' settings in Carbonite. I merged Carbonite and my MiniMap. Now they appear as two different maps, one layered over the other, instead of an integrated mini-map. How can I make it look like one map?

Before I quit WoW I used to have my mini-map with Carbonite so that if I zoomed out I had the world-style map but as I zoomed in it switched to the more graphics/terrain style. I have no idea what mix of docked options would give me this function, but I am sure its there.

Thanks for any advice.

Oh yeah - and I need mining/herb nodes to always show. When I clicked some of the docking options they seemed to disappear. Not sure if that is a layering issue or not.

Thanks!

05-29-10, 10:05 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by LippyPantaloons View Post
I'm a little confused by some of the 'docked' settings in Carbonite. I merged Carbonite and my MiniMap. Now they appear as two different maps, one layered over the other, instead of an integrated mini-map. How can I make it look like one map?

Before I quit WoW I used to have my mini-map with Carbonite so that if I zoomed out I had the world-style map but as I zoomed in it switched to the more graphics/terrain style. I have no idea what mix of docked options would give me this function, but I am sure its there.

Thanks for any advice.

Oh yeah - and I need mining/herb nodes to always show. When I clicked some of the docking options they seemed to disappear. Not sure if that is a layering issue or not.

Thanks!
Try this: For docking, choose to only dock the minimap when inside, and "Minimap toggles full size for instances" and "Minimap toggles full size for indoor areas (not in cities)". Choose to make the minimap "square" and "Minimap docked shape is square" I chose to use "Minimap hides when map is maximized" so I didn't have a mess when I use the maximized Carbonite map. If you right click on any non icon area of the minimized map, you will get a menu with several options. Choose the "Minimap" option, and make sure there is a check mark in the box for "Full size". You can also, if you wish, change the transparency of the Blizz minimap here. I keep mine at "10" so it doesn't "take over" the Carbonite map.

If this doesn't work for you, just take a little time to play around with the various settings until you get things the way you want them. One thing to remember: If you get into an inside area (like a cave or something similar) and you're having a little trouble navigating, just hold the "alt" key. For some reason it lets you see the Blizz minimap inside the Carb map. I don't know if this is intentional behavior, but it works for me.

05-30-10, 05:38 AM   #3
LippyPantaloons
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Try this: For docking, choose to only dock the minimap when inside, and "Minimap toggles full size for instances" and "Minimap toggles full size for indoor areas (not in cities)". Choose to make the minimap "square" and "Minimap docked shape is square" I chose to use "Minimap hides when map is maximized" so I didn't have a mess when I use the maximized Carbonite map. If you right click on any non icon area of the minimized map, you will get a menu with several options. Choose the "Minimap" option, and make sure there is a check mark in the box for "Full size". You can also, if you wish, change the transparency of the Blizz minimap here. I keep mine at "10" so it doesn't "take over" the Carbonite map.

If this doesn't work for you, just take a little time to play around with the various settings until you get things the way you want them. One thing to remember: If you get into an inside area (like a cave or something similar) and you're having a little trouble navigating, just hold the "alt" key. For some reason it lets you see the Blizz minimap inside the Carb map. I don't know if this is intentional behavior, but it works for me.
Thank you! Trying all that now.

06-02-10, 04:15 PM   #4
klh360
A Kobold Labourer
just hold the "alt" key. For some reason it lets you see the Blizz minimap inside the Carb map.
This also works in outdoor areas, and it's great. My question is, why do I have to press the alt key to make it work. Does anyone know if there is an option to have this on all the time?

What jeffy describes above with turning on the minimap could be a workaround, but it doesn't zoom like this one does.

Last edited by klh360 : 06-02-10 at 04:18 PM.

06-02-10, 04:45 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by klh360 View Post
This also works in outdoor areas, and it's great. My question is, why do I have to press the alt key to make it work. Does anyone know if there is an option to have this on all the time?

What jeffy describes above with turning on the minimap could be a workaround, but it doesn't zoom like this one does.
Yes, it does, actually. The only time I've really had to use it out doors, though, is when I'm gathering. For some reason, the Blizzard minimap size fluctuates wildly inside the Carbonite minimized map, and the gather locations (mining or herbing nodes) don't always line up. The cure (or workaround) for that is to hit the "alt" button.

If you want to see the Blizzard minimap all the time, don't merge it with Carbonite's minimized map. To "unmerge" it, open Carbonite's "Options" dialog (right click the Carbonite minimap icon and choose "Options" in the menu, type "/carb options" in chat, right click any non icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the pop up) and go to the "Map Minimap" page. Uncheck the first option "Move Minimap into Carbonite map (reload required)" and choose to reload when asked. If you use the Carbonite "button bag" for your minimap buttons and icons, I'm pretty sure you can just leave that checked.

I found out just today that if you are in an instance and want to get a closer, or farther away, look at where you are, you can actually scroll zoom the instance maps. That can help a lot when comparing to Atlas' maps to figure out where you are.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-02-10 at 04:52 PM.

09-23-10, 08:25 PM   #6
Paprika
A Black Drake
I don't know what happend, but i my mini-map will not go square again, it will stay round-shaped.

09-24-10, 11:26 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
I don't know what happend, but i my mini-map will not go square again, it will stay round-shaped.
Which "minimap"?
Are the Blizzard and Carbonite maps merged?
Please, having a little more information will go a very long way to solving your problem.

09-25-10, 09:42 AM   #8
Paprika
A Black Drake
Which "minimap"?
Are the Blizzard and Carbonite maps merged?
I solved my problem by deleting the Carbonite-settings and setting up everything again.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map in Mini-Map n00b