10-17-10, 03:37 PM   #1
AldroX
A Kobold Labourer

Carbonite 4.0006 Issue

Hey there. My Carbonite addon informed me today that it was out of date (I was using the 4.0003 beta release). The addon was working fine - save for the map details on zoom-in - but I downloaded the new one and installed it just to be on the safe side.

Since updating to 4.0006, Carbonite has been unusable for me. When it is active, my FPS drops to between 1 and 5 FPS. Inactive it's my usual 25-35 FPS. I've disabled all my other addons and run only Carbonite and achieved the same results. Is anyone else experiencing this, and if it's a known issue, is there a fix on the way?

As a side note : Thanks for such prompt action when 4.0.1 broke the addon. I've been using Carbonite since it's initial public release and WoW is not the same with out it.

10-17-10, 04:52 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
4.0003 and previous versions had a variety of bugs that would repeat.

Sounds like a typical case of you don't have "Display LUA errors" enabled, so you can't see all the repeating addon errors you are getting, which are killing your FPS.

Read this and enable it:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21817

Does it actually say 4.0006 in the chat window when you log into a character?
You could also see the version number in the addon list or C minimap button tooltip.

Remember to delete all the current Interface\AddOns\Carbonite folders before unzipping the new version, since the files may not always overwrite old ones.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 4.0006 Issue