10-27-10, 10:46 AM   #1
silvermeteor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Route not working

As of yesterday the route feature that I use religiously on my miner is no longer working. I have tried resetting things in the addon screen. I have reloaded Gatherer, Gathermate and the DB.

I love this addon and certainly appreciate all of the work that has gone into it. In fact, I'm totally lost without my routes.

I had a bump. Was going into a random and got dc'd. Restarted and was told the server was full. Finally got back on and much of my UI was bonkers. I was able to complete the random but was not able to get back the routes.

When I try to initiate a route nothing happens.

10-27-10, 11:33 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Are you currently showing any nodes?
(right click Carbonite map -> Show... -> Herb/Mining Locations)

Have you tried disabling all addons except Carbonite?

10-27-10, 02:06 PM   #3
silvermeteor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have not tried disabling all addons as of yet. Hoping for an easier solution.

Up until yesterday everything was fine. I have dl'd some updates though. However, it seems that Blizzard has changed the game again.

In the past inactive nodes were indicated by a rather bright magenta outlined circle. Active nodes were yellow. Some times there were so many inactive nodes that you could barely see the active ones.

After yesterday's minor download active nodes now flash yellow. Inactive ones are a very dark, almost nonexestant outline. Magenta I think.

Yes, as I fly I can see the active nodes. I cannot tell for sure if I see any inactive nodes since they are so faint if they are there and not a figment of my imagination.

EDIT: I just checked and it is not working on my other gatherer either. :-(

Last edited by silvermeteor : 10-27-10 at 02:27 PM.

10-27-10, 08:42 PM   #4
silvermeteor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have disabled everything but:

• Carbonite 4.012
• Carbonite Items
• Carbonite Nodes
• Carbonite Transfer

Route still will not work. I do not have any idea what else to try.

10-28-10, 02:52 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Disabling all addons isn't about "finding the easiest solution", it is a very important part of troubleshooting. It tells if the problem is with the addon itself, or if it is a compability issue with another addon (in which case it might be easier to uninstall that addon or ask the author for a fix).

Just a tip for the future, if an addon doesn't work properly, always start by disabling all other addons to see if that helps.

Will check my own routing in a few minutes, haven't tried it for ages...

All routing functions work perfectly fine for me (tried Current Gather Locations, Goto Targets, Unexplored Locations, and reversing the targets). Seems to me that the problem is somehow on your end - could you try uninstalling Carbonite (removing any Carbonite folders from Interface\Addons\ as well as deleting anything marked "Carbonite" in the WTF folder and its subfolders), and then reinstalling fresh?

Last edited by Jigain : 10-28-10 at 03:11 AM.

10-28-10, 08:54 AM   #6
silvermeteor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OK! Upgraded several addons. Disabled ALL addons but Carbonite! There are no red warnings in chat when I load. Still no route.

Finally figured it out. thank you Blizzard! It seems that at some point during one of the numerous little d/l's they turned off a critical little thing that we should all remember.

I dedided as a fluke to look at the video on using Carbonite routes and the first screen indicated that you needed to turn on "Show" for mining and or herbalism nodes. DUH!

Something kept nagging at the back of my mind but since this is a setting that you should not normally have much need to change my feeble little mind overlooked it completely. I knew there was something I needed to check but could not remember what/where it was.

I now have routes.

Of course, I now have problems finding the correct settings for a couple other addons but we will overcome.

Tx for the help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Route not working