04-03-05, 02:31 PM   #1
Shakma
A Defias Bandit
Size question

If I set the size to be 100x100 but anchor the topleft and topright to the respective topleft and toprigt of the parentUI, do I use the 1-100 ranges still for frame placement?

--

Little more background informaion.

I Initially had it set up because I thought I read some where that if you created your layouts based on the 1024x768 resolution it would auto-scale from there (Because I play in a widescreen format I just do not use 1024x768). However this did not work and just made a bar the size I gave it on my screen. So I did a bit of looking and discovered I could just set the topleft and topright anchors to that of the ParentUI to get it to stretch all the way across the screen. After this worked I removed the <Size> elements and POOF, it vanished.

So as you can see, I am wondering what the relationship is between the size i set and the actuall size it displays as.

--

Well I screwed around a bit and finally got something I could move around in relation to the parent and have found out that positioning anchor points overrides any size specified, down side I suppose is that now if the resolution is too low to hold all the goodies, there is not really a way to figure it out!

Last edited by Shakma : 04-03-05 at 03:12 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Size question