12-31-10, 11:02 PM   #1
Chilius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sorting AH browse tab by Buyout prices

I'm looking for an addon that can sort the AH browse tab by Buyout prices instead of the Current Bid prices on the default AH window (or can switch between those 2 options).

I use Auctioneer but don't use the CompactUI window (I know the CompactUI has the option included, but it's too cluttered to my opinion).

So i'm not looking for another AH scan addon that has this option but something smaller that can work along Auctioneer on the default AH browse tab window.

Maybe i use the AH in another way most people do, but i never understood why blizzard made the Current Bid prices the default search standard.
If i want to buy something in AH i want it immediately and not in xx hours.
01-01-11, 03:43 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Well, Blizzard intended the auction house to be primarily auctions, as the name suggests. They meant for it to be a place where you'd put up stuff others might want, some bidding would be made, and the highest bidder would win when the time expired. Thinking of it that way, it's not strange that current bid is the default sorting category.

Of course, Blizzard should've noticed long ago that the auction house is almost exclusively used for buyout rather than bidding, and made changes accordingly.

01-01-11, 03:59 AM   #3
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My favorite is Baud Auction, which has sadly not been officially updated in two years. Latest fan update available.

Link removed by nobgul.

Please do not link to offsite files.

Last edited by Nobgul : 01-01-11 at 04:10 AM.
01-01-11, 06:10 PM   #4
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AuctionLite does a little more than just let you sort search results by buyout price, but it does let you do that, and it’s up to date.
01-01-11, 06:56 PM   #5
Chilius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, but both those addons change the default AH browse tab window and that's not what i'm looking for.

Just like the Auctioneer CompactUI they show too much information on that small window, making it too cluttered to read easily.

AuctionLite has it's own scanner so that's absolutely not an option to use along Auctioneer.

I like the way the original browse tab looks, but i only would like an option for it to sort by Buyout prices.
01-01-11, 09:49 PM   #6
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
I also go with Baud Auction.

The unofficial one posted in the forum is working fine for me (but always scan for viruses first).

I would still suggest this one because the Buyout per unit stops you from getting those not full stack scams. Or the people that sell one Item at the stack price. Other then that, I've been searching and no such luck, but if I find something I'll post it here.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Sorting AH browse tab by Buyout prices