02-24-11, 12:51 PM   #1
Kayja
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Grid frame growth direction

Is it possible to get Grid to grow upwards rather than downwards? I tried fiddling with the group and layout anchors but they just seem to alter the growth of the names inside the frame, rather than actual frames themselves... kinda hard to explain. My UI for example looks like:

| Name || Name || Name || Name || Name |
---------------------------------------------------

Those are the first row of names on my grid, and lets assume the line is a focal point purely for illustrative purposes. What it want it to do is grow upwards, to look like this:

However all I get get it to do is look like this:

As in the next bar/group after the first row of 5 always gets attached to the bottom of the first, rather than on top of it.

Hope that makes sense, anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this? I read / search for information about the layout anchor setting but apparently this doesn't affect bar growth at all. I did find some similar questions on the subject but they all refer to old versions of Grid and the options they are on about aren't there any more.

Thanks for any help!
02-24-11, 02:28 PM   #2
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm pretty sure you need to set both the group anchor and the layout anchor to perhaps the Bottom Left, that way it should grow upwards. I've done this before, I just forgot how...
02-24-11, 03:13 PM   #3
Guardix
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yup, anchoring it to bottomleft, bottom or bottomright, makes it grow upwards. If widgets are anchored like so, the SetHeight method will set the height from the anchor points and grow in a single direction.
02-24-11, 05:24 PM   #4
Kayja
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks both! I'll give it a try next raid when I have 10 people to test it with.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Grid frame growth direction