03-02-11, 12:28 PM   #1
Animor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon to identify guild members and friend

Hello,

I am looking for an addon that will allow players to identify guild members and friends easily among other friendly players. Two main reasons for this:
1. Identify your mates in BGs, when you go as a pre-made group and want to stick together.
2. Identify your guild members and friends in croweded places like cities. For example, when you want to trade/inspect/emote them.

I thought that a good way would be to use the name plates feature: hide all friendly players plates except for guild members/friends. I tried to suggest it to the author of Tidy Plates - Threat plates, which I use and love, but got no repsonse until now.

What we do now in BGs is ask for leader/assist and put raid marks on ourselves. This is a bit annoying thought.

I have searched addon sites and google for this kind of an addon, but couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
03-04-11, 02:50 AM   #2
Helvete
A Murloc Raider

DocsNameplates: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ameplates.html

"green star" is your guild mate, "blue star" > friend, orange > friend or guild mate on bg ? I'm not playing pvp so not sure

... wish other nameplates addons have this functionality especially Tidy Plates and I've aded this idea to Tidy Plates Feature list - author said me, that it's good idea but combat functions > other feartures, so we will have to wait a little I think.
03-04-11, 06:56 AM   #3
Animor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thank you for the link, I will check this addon.
Main problem is I use "Tidy plates - Threat plates" for tanking in raids.
I'm not sure it will work together with this addon, since they are both modifying the name plates.

Another problem: this addon seems to cause lags and to have some bugs, according to comments at this site and at curse.com.
And the sad thing is one of the comments:
dr_AllCOM3 no longer plays. I think his addons are not being maintained.
pity

Last edited by Animor : 03-04-11 at 07:02 AM.
03-04-11, 08:02 AM   #4
Helvete
A Murloc Raider
1 - I'm a tank too
2 - they will NOT work together
3 - didn't notice any lags - so don't know, didn't notice any bugs too
4 - yap, I've seen that author is not playing so ... now they works, when they stop working I'll start to worry.
5 - tidy are better for tanking, threat system is uber good in threat plates - in docs You will not have any those magic functions with scale, arrow borders etc. but ... I LOVE this functions from docsnameplates which You seems to looking for so, I'm using docs [crossing my fingers that author of tidy plates will add this features as He told me, or Hank will smash my face with His new almost done (I hope) nameplates].
03-04-11, 11:18 AM   #5
Animor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I also hope that the author of threat plates will add this feature. I posted a comment on the addon's page.

btw, why did you ask that from Tidy Plates author and not threat plates author?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to identify guild members and friend