05-13-11, 08:11 AM   #1
fairways8363
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy POI icons not showing on map/minimap

For some reason there are POI icons missing in my map. No inns or mailboxes, only fligh masters, auction houses and banks. I've used Carbonite for some time now, its wonderful. The older version worked fine but this new patch has this problem. Any suggestions? I've thrashed and reinstalled several times but nothing. I need help! Thank you for the wonderful job you do

05-13-11, 09:26 AM   #2
fairways8363
A Murloc Raider
I just checked again for those inn and mailbox icons and they do show in Northrend and Outland zones but not in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms, very weird

05-13-11, 02:52 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's been that way since WoW 4.0 was released.

Since Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor changed so much with Cataclysm the Carb database for those areas was removed until they could be redone with their new locations.

Outlands and Northrend locations didn't change so it was not necessary to wipe the database of those locations.

I vaguely remember Fataal posting recently that they would be trying to get an update to the database out soon. I can't find the post offhand though. It's just a matter of being patient for them to get the update out when they do

Just found it. The post is from 5-10.

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
A guide update is coming in Carbonite 4.11, which will probably be out next week. Carbonite 4.1 dealt with patch 4.1 problems.

05-13-11, 03:52 PM   #4
fairways8363
A Murloc Raider
thank you Vis, now I can rest and quit blaming myself for clicking and unblocking options and thrashing and installing.... Now I know it's gong to be fixed. Carbonite you are the best!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » POI icons not showing on map/minimap