04-13-10, 05:50 PM   #1
Bolmic
A Kobold Labourer
Grid group setup

this maybe a stupid question but i been breaking my head over it and cant find how to do it

so standerd grid groups goes like this

group1--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5
group2--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5
group3--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5
group4--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5
group5--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5

me being totally new with grid allways unlocks my grid and move it but im getting sick of it

is there a way to let grid change it so it stack the other way like this so i dont need to move my grid again when im jumping from 5 man to 10man to 25man without moving it all the time

group5--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5
group4--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5
group3--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5
group2--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5
group1--player1--players2--player3--player4--player5
04-13-10, 07:52 PM   #2
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

i dont use grid, but look for something like asc or desc options
04-13-10, 09:43 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Grid > Layout > Advanced > Layout Anchor

This setting controls how Grid is anchored on the screen. The default setting of "TOPLEFT" means that the top left corner of Grid is fixed in place, and the frame grows downward and to the right as more groups/units are added. If your frame is closer to the left side of the screen, you'll want to change the setting to "BOTTOMLEFT"; if it's closer to the right side, "BOTTOMRIGHT" is probably a better choice.

You might also want to play with:

Grid > Layout > Advanced > Group Anchor

While this won't affect which way the frame grows from its anchor point, it will affect whether Group 1 gets pushed up when you switch from a 5-player layout to a 10-player layout and Group 2 appears in its place, or whether Group 1 stays where it was and Group 2 is added above it.

The default value is "TOPLEFT", which means that the top left corner of each group is attached to the previous group. With a bottom-anchored layout, this will cause Group 1 to shift upward as more groups are added.

You probably want "BOTTOMLEFT" or "BOTTOMRIGHT", depending on what you have the Layout Anchor set to. It doesn't need to match up, but for the most "consistent" layout (eg. first unit of first group is always in the same place on the screen) it's best to use the same setting for both.

Also note that I don't generally monitor WoWI for random threads asking questions about Grid; if you want to make sure I see your question, it's usually best to post a comment on the download page.

Last edited by Phanx : 04-13-10 at 09:45 PM.
07-31-11, 10:41 PM   #4
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Bolmic View Post
me being totally new with grid allways unlocks my grid and move it but im getting sick of it

is there a way to let grid change it so it stack the other way like this so i dont need to move my grid again when im jumping from 5 man to 10man to 25man without moving it all the time
Type /grid, click the layout tab, click the checkbox next to "Horizontal Frames", position it where you want, then click the "Lock Frame" checkbox.

For setting up, I like to join a random Alterac Valley instance. You can go in under "layout" and change the battleground setting to any layout type you want and us it to configure where you want your grid frames to be and make sure they won't overlap anything else on your UI.

Personally, I am curious if there's any way to anchor groups to bottom or top center of the frame, rather than just corners. I know there's a frame anchor for center, but no group anchor for center that I have ever been able to find. This means that my battleground layout, set to 40 man, will always be off center unless I'm in AV or IoC. Anybody know how to put in a center group anchor in there somewhere?
08-01-11, 02:48 AM   #5
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Jasmer View Post
Personally, I am curious if there's any way to anchor groups to bottom or top center of the frame, rather than just corners. I know there's a frame anchor for center, but no group anchor for center that I have ever been able to find. This means that my battleground layout, set to 40 man, will always be off center unless I'm in AV or IoC. Anybody know how to put in a center group anchor in there somewhere?
Don't think there is. Had to make my own addon to do this.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Grid group setup