03-04-12, 08:28 AM   #1
Paopao001
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Need help with my semi-finished layout

I have used several oUF layouts,and tried to edit them to meet my requirements.With a little change each time,their appearance finally have changed completely.I think it's time to make my own oUF layout.
I start with oUF_Simple2,and added elements to it.

With so little lua knowledge,I have to take code from other layouts.But some of them just don't work.I scaned their code again and again but found nothing to do with.

Problems:
1 Runebar,eclipse bar and class specific power display(mushroom,shadow orbs,water shield +(lightning shield OR maelstrom weapon))don't work.But the combo points works fime.
2 The in coming healing fills the health bar when add a party member,but works fine after reload ui.
(1&2 - these code are taken from oUF_mono)
3 Raid debuff icon,coner indicators and an arrow indicating direction don't work.
(3 - these code are taken from oUF_dimglass but seems writen by Freebaser.

The code of my layout. → https://github.com/Paojy/oUF_Mlight
Any help with these problems would be appreciated.

Thanks to all the authors of the layouts I've refered.
Particularly thanks to Zork for oUF_Simple2.

Last edited by Paopao001 : 03-04-12 at 08:30 AM.
03-04-12, 09:27 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

The code you're working with seems very convoluted and unnecessarily complicated, and unfortunately I don't have time to pore over it right now.

For a beginner, though, I'd recommend starting with a simpler layout, such as the example layouts Haste (the author of oUF itself) provides:These include only basic elements; you should make sure you understand how those work before trying to add custom elements, and then only add one thing at a time, instead of copying and pasting 12 elements from 4 different layouts and then trying to debug what went wrong.
03-04-12, 11:22 PM   #3
Paopao001
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mmm,I will try it.
Hope I could finish it smoothly this time.
Thanks for help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Need help with my semi-finished layout