07-05-06, 05:13 PM   #1
Vyctoria
A Defias Bandit
UI Issue

I have just downloaded and installed the Napalmed UI. As per directions, I unzipped the files, created the folder in the WoW directory called "Interface," added in it the folder called "AddOns," and copied the extracted files into that folder.

Upon loading the game, I clicked the "AddOns" button on the character select screen and refreshed all outdated.

When I logged into character, the UI was loaded. However, a message was displayed at the top informing me
The UI is using more than 48MB of memory. Please disable some UI AddOns and restart.
Thereafter, the game simply closes.

What is the problem? How do I correct this issue?

Thanks in advance.

In addition, on the third or fourth login, I did disable two minor options that I suspected I could do without (I.E. Necrosis) with the same result.
07-05-06, 05:24 PM   #2
Halaman
A Defias Bandit
Common Problem

You didn't do anything wrong, just that you need to increase the amount of memory wow uses for mods.

when you click on the addon button at the chatacter selection screen, look to the upper right hand corner. There you will see a message saying wow is using XX Mb memory. Click in that box and add 10Mb more to the total you have now. Log into the game and if you receive the same error, add another 10Mb untill you don't get the error.

I haven't found a way to see how much your actually using, so had to fix that same error myself this way. Kind of a pain, but will eventually get ya taken care of.

Hal
Uther Server
07-05-06, 05:43 PM   #3
Vyctoria
A Defias Bandit
Alas; such a simple solution, and yet one I would have never discovered on my own.

Thanks.

Now; I can't move my toolbars. I'm sure this is another simple something that I'm overlooking. How do I unlock them?

Also, my old portrait (the image with health and mana display, whatever its called) is still residing under the new one, which is rather aggravating.

And finally, how do I leave the gemchanneldefault, which spams my chat with about a million messages per second?
07-05-06, 08:59 PM   #4
nexzt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Halaman

I haven't found a way to see how much your actually using, so had to fix that same error myself this way. Kind of a pain, but will eventually get ya taken care of.
Titan Bar shows it if you enable preformance in its options.
07-06-06, 11:59 PM   #5
Halaman
A Defias Bandit
UI Help

Originally Posted by Vyctoria
Alas; such a simple solution, and yet one I would have never discovered on my own.

Thanks.

Now; I can't move my toolbars. I'm sure this is another simple something that I'm overlooking. How do I unlock them?

Also, my old portrait (the image with health and mana display, whatever its called) is still residing under the new one, which is rather aggravating.

And finally, how do I leave the gemchanneldefault, which spams my chat with about a million messages per second?

Sadly, I don't have an answer for you. I don't use that UI.
07-07-06, 02:30 AM   #6
Serkon
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Vyctoria
open gem, go to the last tab, there add your customgemchannel and then delete the old one...
on the other issues, i am sure the ui came with a readme, might be a good idea to follow the setup instructions which should be in there

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI Issue