06-01-12, 03:04 AM   #1
Lasivian
A Defias Bandit
Zoom in on other areas I am not in.

When I go to the full map I cannot zoom in on areas that I am not currently in. (IE. I'm in Dal and I can't get a detailed map of Durotar)

Not sure if this is a limitation of the program, or if there is a setting I have not found yet to enable this.

Thanks.

06-01-12, 07:47 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lasivian View Post
When I go to the full map I cannot zoom in on areas that I am not currently in. (IE. I'm in Dal and I can't get a detailed map of Durotar)

Not sure if this is a limitation of the program, or if there is a setting I have not found yet to enable this.

Thanks.
No, it's not a limitation of the addon.

First, make sure your installation of Carbonite is up-to-date. Current version of Carbonite is 4.301.

Basically, the steps to follow to get the map view to another part of the world are :
  1. ) Zoom the map out to the world view
  2. ) Put the cursor over Durotar
  3. ) While you're hovering Durotar mouse-wheel zoom the map to how you want to see it
    (You might have to "drag" the map, at some point, to get it at the exact spot your looking for to correct positioning)
  4. ) Alternatively, while the map is zoomed out, you could drag Durotar to the center of the map and use the "+" button, on the map toolbar, to zoom in to the view you want to see.

Please keep in mind that some map addons (or some other addons in general) might interfere with Carbonites map functions. If you keep having problems, try using Carbonite as the only enabled addon as a test just to see if the problem is Carbonite alone, or another addon interfering with Carbonites functionality.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-01-12, 11:59 AM   #3
Lasivian
A Defias Bandit
I solved it apparently. On one toon that could not see the other map places the small "battlefield map" was showing. Once I shut that off I had mouseover functionality on the main map.

With the battlefield map on it was *trying* to show the map areas but failing. Changing the name of the map, but not showing the detailed view of that map.

Thanks

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Zoom in on other areas I am not in.