05-12-06, 08:44 PM   #141
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Re: Stonehead, Dafire summed it up. The scaling issues has to do with the fact there is no point of reference. You can set an Ogre to be full scale (value of 1) and a Gnome to be full scale (value of 1) but there isn't a way to compare the full scale of the Gnome to the Ogre (they're both a scale of "1"). What complicates the issue is that models have inconsistent center anchors (sometimes zooming on a model will zoom toward the head, sometimes toward the waist) and full scale sizes (dragons at a full scale of "1" don't scale to the frame they exceed it which is actually more than what full scale should be). I've requested Blizzard add a function to retrieve a models comparitive scale value but it likely was ignored.
05-13-06, 02:38 AM   #142
dafire
Premium Member
I think next patch there is a function to get the model filename from the model via a scripting function.. this might make it easier to make a catalog of settings for each model how to display it.
05-20-06, 03:38 PM   #143
Csquall1
A Murloc Raider
Hi all,
First post...yay for me!
I had a question on this mod. Is it still being worked on? I've been trying to use this mod but have encountered so many set backs. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or its just that buggy. Whenever I set up my models and then after that if i hit M(MAP) they resize. even when i have them in my portrait. Any ideas?

Last edited by Csquall1 : 05-20-06 at 03:55 PM.
05-21-06, 06:07 AM   #144
Nzaihn
A Defias Bandit
how come if i zoom my target in, and then deselecting and then selecting a target again - its zoomed out again. isent there some way to lock it?
05-21-06, 03:53 PM   #145
Kazun of Warsong
A Kobold Labourer
If blizzard won't fix it, then take matters into your own hands. Start a user updated database of scale values. If the target is a player character set the scale and camera by race. If it's an NPC, scale it by name. Have a default NPC camera... etc.
05-22-06, 01:41 AM   #146
dafire
Premium Member
look at ui.worldofwar.net for zmobdb .. it does basically what you want.
06-06-06, 09:24 PM   #147
Layolar
A Kobold Labourer
Dont know if this has been covered, but, I'm having trouble getting my camera to save to where I want it to be in my target frame with this mod. I have it set to just show the targets head/sholders but when I select something else is resets to show the full model anyway to stop this?
06-09-06, 09:41 AM   #148
tkieffer
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xageroth
Re: Stonehead, Dafire summed it up. The scaling issues has to do with the fact there is no point of reference. You can set an Ogre to be full scale (value of 1) and a Gnome to be full scale (value of 1) but there isn't a way to compare the full scale of the Gnome to the Ogre (they're both a scale of "1"). What complicates the issue is that models have inconsistent center anchors (sometimes zooming on a model will zoom toward the head, sometimes toward the waist) and full scale sizes (dragons at a full scale of "1" don't scale to the frame they exceed it which is actually more than what full scale should be). I've requested Blizzard add a function to retrieve a models comparitive scale value but it likely was ignored.
Why not query target race and build a mini DB of your own? If someone sets tauren to be one way then all tauren for that camera are rendered the same. If someone sets gnomes to be another way then all gnomes for that camera are rendered the same. Switch between a tauren and gnome and the POV settings load for that race.

Won't be universal, but should work fairly well and be an easy fix.
06-11-06, 02:28 AM   #149
vhx
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by tkieffer
Why not query target race and build a mini DB of your own? If someone sets tauren to be one way then all tauren for that camera are rendered the same. If someone sets gnomes to be another way then all gnomes for that camera are rendered the same. Switch between a tauren and gnome and the POV settings load for that race.

Won't be universal, but should work fairly well and be an easy fix.
Actually if you use zmobdb (database for saving), I posted a way to do this here as well as beast types and demon types: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...&postcount=108

The only problem is for some strange reason the night elf model positions aren't saved into the database....
07-04-06, 10:46 AM   #150
imarkon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by vhx
Actually if you use zmobdb (database for saving), I posted a way to do this here as well as beast types and demon types: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...&postcount=108

The only problem is for some strange reason the night elf model positions aren't saved into the database....
i'd really like to try out your fix, but actually i can't as long as i have absolutely NO IDEA of where to paste that code you linked! can you report here your whole fixed .lua?

tnx
07-09-06, 11:25 AM   #151
worldofwarcraftmadness
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation

i downloaded the exellent addon/mod.
but when i open up WoW and play the mod doesnt work and its in the addons part when i choose my character.
07-09-06, 12:11 PM   #152
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

As this mod has not had the TOC file updated for a couple of patches, WoW will not load unless you check the "Load outdated AddOns" box. Goto your AddOns management window (from your Character Selection screen) to do this. Model Citizen does work great with Patch 1.11 once you enable out of date AddOns.
07-12-06, 01:07 PM   #153
Evaris
A Murloc Raider
how can i make ur duf work?? it keeps coming up as the old one and ur isnt in the list of addons. I moved the two texts like urs said but what do i do with the other one?
07-18-06, 07:37 PM   #154
Saje
A Kobold Labourer
This may have been answered before, and i apologise if it has, but i'm in a bit of a rush posting here.

i was wondering is there anyway of disabling the Player (self) and Party member models and only allowing the Target model.

if this requires modifying the code could you please post an idiots guide for me as i can't say i have much experience in this.

thanks again in advance
07-27-06, 05:34 AM   #155
crypticumbra
A Defias Bandit
Yeah, the duf does not show up for me either in the addons menu, i extracted the folder to interface/addons, i loaded out of date addons, and i moved the texts like it says. It just dosnt show up like Evaris says. Any ideas?
07-27-06, 06:36 AM   #156
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by crypticumbra
Yeah, the duf does not show up for me either in the addons menu, i extracted the folder to interface/addons, i loaded out of date addons, and i moved the texts like it says. It just dosnt show up like Evaris says. Any ideas?
In order to use the DUF profile you need to have Discord Unit Frames (DOWNLOAD)
Install DUF into your X:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder (replace X with your driver letter)

Now take the DUF Profile (DUF_custome.lua) from the OP and paste into the DiscordUnitFrames folder.

Fire up WoW and log into your character. The default Discord (not Blizzard) unit frames will be onscreen.

Next use the slash command " /duf ". The DUF Options window will open.

In the left column press the "Misc Options" button

Now in the profile drop down menu select "Custom", and the press the "Load" button

The new unit frame should now visable onscreen replacing the default discord one. You can now close the DUF Options menu.

Finally just drag the ZuxanaModelCitizen models to their correct locations in the unit frame.

Last edited by Zyonin : 07-27-06 at 06:40 AM.
07-27-06, 07:23 PM   #157
crypticumbra
A Defias Bandit
Thank you =)
07-29-06, 06:26 PM   #158
imarkon
A Murloc Raider
do u have any idea about how to make the Zmobdb mod working yet?
07-30-06, 01:39 PM   #159
Lullah
A Murloc Raider
I came across a problem while adjusting the size of the target unit frame.

A lot of the mob's 3D models often show below the Unit Frame or just the head. Is there anyway to make them appear fully inside the designated Unit Frame without ruining the player target 3D models?
07-31-06, 04:24 AM   #160
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Lullah
I came across a problem while adjusting the size of the target unit frame.

A lot of the mob's 3D models often show below the Unit Frame or just the head. Is there anyway to make them appear fully inside the designated Unit Frame without ruining the player target 3D models?
That is an issue with the way Blizzard has the camaras setup. Xageroth explains in both his orginal post and in the AddOn entry. A similiar AddOn ModelMagic has this same issue. Last I checked someone was going to create a database for ModelCitizen with all the mob's correct camera postions in it so that the mob's model would be shown correctly (ZMobDB). However that mod is outdated and kind of buggy currently.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Zuxana's Model Citizen