10-15-14, 09:10 AM   #1
pitman9
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had forgotten how clunky WoW's native maps, quest info, etc was until having to use it for the last day. It just reminded me how thankful I am that Rythal is keeping Carbonite going.

10-15-14, 09:56 AM   #2
beastieboy442
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by pitman9 View Post
I had forgotten how clunky WoW's native maps, quest info, etc was until having to use it for the last day. It just reminded me how thankful I am that Rythal is keeping Carbonite going.
Clunky? Tell me about it. When I logged on last night w/no Carbonite I wanted to log out and wait for a fix.

10-15-14, 04:17 PM   #3
Kes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thankyouthankyouthankyou

Thank you so very much for keeping us up to date on what's going on. And I knew the new mapping was going to present problems. Thanks enormously for actually working on it instead of just throwing up your hands and walking away in frustration as I'm sure many of us would have done.

Rythal rocketh many socks.

10-15-14, 10:09 AM   #4
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by pitman9 View Post
Yeah, and just think, the map functionality is much better in Wow6 than previous versions. I mean, it's still terrible, but...

10-15-14, 01:22 PM   #5
Roxxzz
A Defias Bandit

10-15-14, 01:54 PM   #6
jadsr
A Kobold Labourer
I too have been a long time user (and occasional monetary contributor); Carbonite is the one add-on that makes questing truly enjoyable! WOWs internal mapping and quest tracking/helper systems seem like something designed to torture and aggravate when compared to Carbonite !

Real Life does come first - just remember you have a Legion of fans trying to hang on and every one of us I am sure are and will be eternally grateful for your efforts !

10-15-14, 08:05 PM   #7
Sass˙
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you Rythal

Thank you so much for continuing to update Carbonite. I don't know what I would do without it.

10-16-14, 02:49 AM   #8
kmartinez
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you!

I know how much work you've put into Carbonite, and I truly appreciate it. I just submitted my donation. Thank you!

10-16-14, 05:43 AM   #9
beastieboy442
A Fallenroot Satyr

I didn't say so in my previous post ... but a huge Thanks! I know it's a lot of work ... and, like me, RL has to come 1st.

I will patiently wait ... the addon is to great not to do so.

10-17-14, 09:26 PM   #10
Haggisdog
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up Thanks and can't wait

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those showing appreciation. I've donated and would be happy to assist if the remapping efforts if there was a way to divide up the work sensibly. Carbonite maps blows the doors off of anything out there and so do most of the other features that it has! Glad your real work is going well and hopefully you'll find some time in the not too distant future to work on carb!

10-17-14, 11:46 PM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Haggisdog View Post
Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those showing appreciation. I've donated and would be happy to assist if the remapping efforts if there was a way to divide up the work sensibly. Carbonite maps blows the doors off of anything out there and so do most of the other features that it has! Glad your real work is going well and hopefully you'll find some time in the not too distant future to work on carb!
Right now there isn't really much work for remapping... that part will be relatively easy, it's just getting new code written to better support the maps.

10-18-14, 08:32 AM   #12
rinoa_tonks
A Kobold Labourer
Made an account just so I could say thank you so so so so much for keeping Carbonite alive! I'm making due without it until you get it fixed but I'm pretty sure I will be bouncing up and down once it's up and running again. WoW keeps trying to do everything Carbonite does and failing miserably. It's one of the 3 addons I simply have to have and one of the very few I've had since I started back in BC. Due to RL can't donate at the moment just as soon as I'm not on a ramen noodle budget you will be getting some financial love!

10-18-14, 11:16 AM   #13
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Deepphrozen just made the account to troll, and has been doing it since I took over the addon just ignore him. However if anyone does believe what he's saying...

If he can do or make better, go for it. If anyone wants to help with getting it working, i'm more then grateful for it, I am very willing to use git so multiple people can work on it, right now i'm listening to bugstaq say fatality on a constant loop, viewing the errors, seeing that hotspots is also using the 1001, 1002, 1003 system so those zones need changed and the function changed to call the proper zoneID's... wanna do it? be my guest just let me know when it's done.

I am not just sitting back on my ass watching, and everything I have done so far to carbonite was so other's could help if they wanted with keeping the databases / information up to date, and many people have been helping as they can.

10-18-14, 11:37 AM   #14
Gorganite
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Deepphrozen just made the account to troll, and has been doing it since I took over the addon just ignore him. However if anyone does believe what he's saying...

If he can do or make better, go for it. If anyone wants to help with getting it working, i'm more then grateful for it, I am very willing to use git so multiple people can work on it, right now i'm listening to bugstaq say fatality on a constant loop, viewing the errors, seeing that hotspots is also using the 1001, 1002, 1003 system so those zones need changed and the function changed to call the proper zoneID's... wanna do it? be my guest just let me know when it's done.

I am not just sitting back on my ass watching, and everything I have done so far to carbonite was so other's could help if they wanted with keeping the databases / information up to date, and many people have been helping as they can.
Well said Rythal. I just wish I was able to help but having no experience of any sort of programming. I just hope that there are some out there that are able to help you. Thanks for all of your hard work that you have done on Carbonite before and in the future.

One way to get rid of the trolls is just to ignore them and not respond. All the genuine people that appreciate Carbonite will support you anyway they can.

Keep up the good work!!!

10-21-14, 06:04 PM   #15
Thorchag
A Kobold Labourer
[quote=Gorganite;298330]Well said Rythal. I just wish I was able to help but having no experience of any sort of programming. I just hope that there are some out there that are able to help you. Thanks for all of your hard work that you have done on Carbonite before and in the future.

One way to get rid of the trolls is just to ignore them and not respond. All the genuine people that appreciate Carbonite will support you anyway they can.

Keep up the good work!!![/QUOTE

As a long time player I've used Carbonite, and will continue to use it when it is ready for use again. Everybody thinks it only take a few minutes to reprogram a program. I have a friend that does programming and I've know it to take him several days to a week just to change thing. So everyone relax and let him or her do there thing and when it's done we will have Carbonite back. An THANKS for letting us use your program.

Thorchag

10-18-14, 11:29 AM   #16
meecho
A Defias Bandit
Thanks Rythal for your continued work on Carbonite I truly appreciate it by making a donation for the cause

10-19-14, 11:37 AM   #17
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

just wanna chime in and say thanks for bringing this add-on new life. as for the kooks doing all the trolling, isn't there a way to black list them so they can't do their trolling?

10-19-14, 01:10 PM   #18
belladonis85
A Murloc Raider
A big thank you Rythal , you have been awesome since taking over the add-on when it was abandoned. Iv been using carbonite since BC, and since you have taken it over you have done so much work to clean it up and keep it going, it is very much appreciated and I hope amongst getting it working for the rest of us that you have a chance to sit and enjoy the changes and events in-game yourself Thanks again.

10-20-14, 07:27 AM   #19
Blackpsycho
A Defias Bandit
Want say big Thanks too u Rythal. You get a Donate from me for Your Great Work. My English is not the best but i´am very happy when the Update is Finish where did u call us when its rdy to Download ?

10-20-14, 08:00 AM   #20
lilacorn
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Keep up the hard work

Youre doing great! I have been using this plugin for a very long time, 2-3 years maybe? and i love it!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch