10-16-14, 12:08 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Gho123 View Post
I couldn't care less about 95+ % of carbonite's features but I am lost without the maps, and I don't know of any good alternatives.
And, I can add to that --- without the Warehouse, I'm suddenly dumbfounded at playing the game as I've been used to. I can't figure out which of my characters has 'what' and how many. I realize that I've become quite dependent upon the Warehouse feature. It's something Blizzard never had the sense to realize the value of. I guess they assumed we would all be playing no more than 1 or 2 characters? LOL. I have many more than 2 char's, each of which has a bank full of things I've saved. Suddenly, I can't find a damned thing! heh heh. Plus, Blizzard's new optional feature SCRAMBLED all my bank items which I had organized carefully. Groan.

-- I really need the Warehouse (and, of course the wonderful custom Google maps!). Since I work mostly on professions, I can hardly play the game at all. It's too cumbersome with no pertinent, useful information provided at all by vanilla Blizzard. Thank God for Rythal.

Last edited by Kreelor : 11-04-14 at 05:36 PM. Reason: "...each of which has a [bank] full..." instead of "...each of which has [banks] full..."

10-16-14, 03:19 PM   #2
karen1nicola
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Thank You :-)

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
And, I can add to that --- without the Warehouse, I'm suddenly dumbfounded at playing the game as I've been used to. I can't figure out which of my characters has 'what' and how many. I realize that I've become quite dependent upon the Warehouse feature. It's something Blizzard never had the sense to realize the value of. I guess they assumed we would all be playing no more than 1 or 2 characters? LOL. I have many more than 2 char's, each of which has banks full of things I've saved. Suddenly, I can't find a damned thing! heh heh. Plus, Blizzard's new optional feature SCRAMBLED all my bank items which I had organized carefully. Groan.

-- I really need the Warehouse (and, of course the wonderful custom Google maps!). Since I work mostly on professions, I can hardly play the game at all. It's too cumbersome with no pertinent, useful information provided at all by vanilla Blizzard. Thank God for Rythal.

Just made an account to agree, and shout YES! THIS!!!! I am absolutely, totally lost without the WAREHOUSE feature. The rest I can deal with waiting for, but my goodness I am missing having that information so badly already!!!

Keep up the good work, just so relieved to know that we will still have a Carbonite for the new xpac :-)

10-16-14, 06:06 PM   #3
mabramstank
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for your continuing support on this addon.

10-16-14, 10:52 PM   #4
Kes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
{snip}

I don't use the Warehouse too much other than the basic mouseover telling me what characters on that server have how many of a certain thing, but I, too, do mostly tradeskilling (professions), and gods above and below, do I miss the maps with all the nodes I've mined or herbed at already on any character showing up. GAH do I miss it like whoa.

10-17-14, 11:05 AM   #5
Laruae
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for your hard work, I know its going to be a pain to update the mod, but we're all ever so grateful for your continued efforts!

10-17-14, 12:11 PM   #6
maplejar
A Defias Bandit
Smile Willing to help

Rythal - I'd like to volunteer to help out in any way you need me to. I work from home three days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday), but even when I'm in the office I have access to WoW and in my downtime I can do what is needed there as well. However - I've never coded an addon before, so I'm not familiar at all with the language(s) used. I have some background with writing c++ (years ago, so I remember little of it) and PHP. I don't know if you're familiar with modding Infinity Engine games (the Baldur's Gate series for instance), but I also am familiar with the WeiDU language used to mod those games. My point is I'm not a total noob when it comes to the fundamental logic of programming - I'm just not familiar with modding WoW itself.

In any event - you can tell me what you need me to do, and I'll be happy to do it. I love Carbonite and would rather not play without it if possible. I'm not out to take this over, or step on your toes, but I am offering to help out in any way I can. Thank you for your continued work on Carbonite, and for keeping it alive and kicking when the original authors abandoned it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch