10-23-14, 05:27 AM   #1
yusar
A Defias Bandit
NVIDIA DSR (Dynamic Sample Resolution)

So NVIDIA released a driver yesterday to allow DSR to work on 500-series cards onward.

It renders your game at a higher resolution and scales it down to match your native resolution, reducing aliasing in the process.

As I expected this royally messes up everything about RealUI. Text becomes unreadable, even with the retina setting enabled, and every element is incredibly pixelated.

NVIDIA also decided to add this setting to their Geforce Experience program, possibly enabling this feature automatically for players with mid- to high-end PC's.

I haven't messed with DSR too much, but I haven't gotten it to play nicely with RealUI. It also only works once in a while with WoW itself.

I guess this is half bug report, half heads up, since people for whom this is enabled automatically (if they have that setting enabled in Geforce Experience) will experience a messed up interface for seemingly no reason.

Keep up the good work, I love RealUI.
10-23-14, 10:49 AM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
There are plans in motion to address this. No ETA though.

10-23-14, 11:13 AM   #3
yusar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
There are plans in motion to address this. No ETA though.
That sounds amazing. Best of both worlds.
10-24-14, 09:35 PM   #4
geekyadam
A Black Drake

That's pretty cool. I have Geforce Experience installed with my high-end system and I had no idea they developed that. I'm going to check it out on some games and see if the difference is noticeable.
For anyone else interested:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/tech...dsr/technology
10-27-14, 05:31 PM   #5
yusar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by geekyadam View Post
That's pretty cool. I have Geforce Experience installed with my high-end system and I had no idea they developed that. I'm going to check it out on some games and see if the difference is noticeable.
For anyone else interested:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/tech...dsr/technology
It's pretty finicky at the moment. It can make your game look a lot worse if you set it too blurry/sharp.

I agree it's a cool feature, especially now that WoW lost MSAA.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » NVIDIA DSR (Dynamic Sample Resolution)