12-01-14, 07:03 PM   #1
Jynyvieve
A Fallenroot Satyr
If you (or anyone reading this, for that matter) are wanting carbonite regardless of whether or not it is ready for public use you are welcome to download the git file. Personally I prefer to wait for the kinks to be worked out and have a useful addon that won't be spitting lua errors at me while I play.

12-01-14, 09:08 PM   #2
CactusBadger
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Jynyvieve View Post
If you (or anyone reading this, for that matter) are wanting carbonite regardless of whether or not it is ready for public use you are welcome to download the git file. Personally I prefer to wait for the kinks to be worked out and have a useful addon that won't be spitting lua errors at me while I play.
I agree with Jynyvieve - I'll wait for the finished product, I know it will work flawlessly when it is finally released. Until then, I'll just use what Blizzard gives me - which makes me appreciate Carbonite that much more every day!

12-02-14, 04:18 AM   #3
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For those that rush or just cant wait:

Rathal does not have to release Carb... if he want he can just leave this project... U HAVE NO RIGHTS to say that he MUST do something...

12-02-14, 01:37 PM   #4
matt_b19
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post

Rathal does not have to release Carb... if he want he can just leave this project... U HAVE NO RIGHTS to say that he MUST do something...
Noone is disagreeing with that...in fact that could be a good suggestion so that someone with more time on their hands can take it over and perhaps keep up changes in line with game changes.

We all know that Rythal has done a good job in the past, but the demand is there for for someone to take it over to avoid this shambles in the future.

12-02-14, 02:11 PM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by matt_b19 View Post
Noone is disagreeing with that...in fact that could be a good suggestion so that someone with more time on their hands can take it over and perhaps keep up changes in line with game changes.

We all know that Rythal has done a good job in the past, but the demand is there for for someone to take it over to avoid this shambles in the future.
This is open source, github source available... EVERY ONE CAN DO THEIR VERSION!!! SO DO IT FIX IT!! If u can...

12-02-14, 02:39 PM   #6
matt_b19
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is open source, github source available... EVERY ONE CAN DO THEIR VERSION!!! SO DO IT FIX IT!! If u can...

A lot of folk are helping fix it now.

12-02-14, 03:11 PM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

O'rly... u say?

12-03-14, 06:20 AM   #8
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

Ten or eleven I suppose?
Not that "a lot" but still, "a lot"...

12-02-14, 11:12 PM   #9
Chevonne
A Murloc Raider

In case you've forgotten or are new to this addon, Rythal had to practically beg to get this program from the original peeps. He has improved it so much its not even the same thing he took over. And he can't exactly feed the cats and kids on the "donations" received here. Be a little patient, and a little humble, with a man who is working almost for free to improve your game.

Mama Bear goes ggggrrrrrrr.

12-11-14, 08:20 AM   #10
Everfroszt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cool

Amen ircdirk! My sentiments exactly. Thanks for saying that! =)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Updated version is coming soon, be patient