12-11-14, 06:37 PM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by dagaard View Post
Just curious if you are going to release a Beta or Alpha version that can be installed though the Curse Client?
Very soon (i hope, i've been saying that a while I know) I still have a couple bugs i'm trying to iron out that are key features people use carbonite for.

In my local build (not yet pushed to git)
- Quest history is fixed
- Blizzard Quest portion of world Map being blank is fixed
- Harvest nodes are half working... Mining works, Herbalism doesn't (and that's the current holdup on a new git push) When I said originally they were fixed, I was looking in a zone where it was working and didn't realize it was only 1 node type and in the one zone they were showing up.

12-11-14, 07:04 PM   #2
Lumindeas
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Very soon (i hope, i've been saying that a while I know)
We should all be used to the phrase "very soon" thanks to Blizzard lol. I, for one, would much rather wait until you are satisfied with your work instead of pushing it out early. Take your time Rythal, we're all grateful to you and your fellow collaborators !

12-11-14, 07:17 PM   #3
Seny69
A Murloc Raider
Can you please make this addon work with Handynotes? Handynotes is a MAJOR part of WOD because it shows where all the bonus resources are. Because of Handynotes I have successfully been able to level up every building in my garrison to level 3 delete them all and start new buildings. I'm not sure if its something they have to do on their side or your side but other than that this addon is working great for me.

One more issue I have been having with your latest build. If im in nagrand and i open my map and hover over any territory in Draenor it doesn't show flightpaths or quests or anything. Its like looking at an undiscovered area. Im happy to take a screenshot if needed.

12-11-14, 07:28 PM   #4
Seny69
A Murloc Raider
Here is Mapster with Handynotes. You will note all of the treasures and rares are viewable on your map

Here is Carbonite. None of the treasures or rares are viewable and all I can see is nagrand and frostfire, as you can see im hovering over spires of arak and it wont zoom in or register that im trying to change the map zone

12-12-14, 06:36 AM   #5
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seny69 View Post
Here is Mapster with Handynotes. You will note all of the treasures and rares are viewable on your map

Here is Carbonite. None of the treasures or rares are viewable and all I can see is nagrand and frostfire, as you can see im hovering over spires of arak and it wont zoom in or register that im trying to change the map zone

That's weird because Handynotes(with TreasureHunter module) works fine (but not perfect with minimap embeded) on my side.
Maybe it's just because Mapster is blocking Carbonite maps?

12-12-14, 10:43 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Eternal_Lynx View Post
That's weird because Handynotes(with TreasureHunter module) works fine (but not perfect with minimap embeded) on my side.
Maybe it's just because Mapster is blocking Carbonite maps?
I'm sorry to derail this thread ... at least a little bit ... but what action bar skinning addon do you use? It looks familiar. I'm the author of "Masque_ClassButtons" and it looks to be skinned with that. (I've got to ask because I've never seen it used before.)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

12-12-14, 11:55 PM   #7
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I'm sorry to derail this thread ... at least a little bit ... but what action bar skinning addon do you use? It looks familiar. I'm the author of "Masque_ClassButtons" and it looks to be skinned with that. (I've got to ask because I've never seen it used before.)
Well it's the default look of MiirGui Texture Pack [Blue].
Masque_ClassButtons looks cool but somehow a little too "fancy" for me. Keep up the good work

12-11-14, 08:40 PM   #8
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
Can you please make this addon work with Handynotes? Handynotes is a MAJOR part of WOD because it shows where all the bonus resources are. ....
There is plugin called HandyNotes_Carbonite last updated in January 2012 by Zasurus. It supposedly translates HandyNotes locations into the coordinate/zoneID system used by Carbonite. I hadn't used it or HandyNotes until recently so I'm not sure if it was still working before the 6.0 pre-patch.

Given it's age and the updates Rythal and the team here have had to make for the new WoD zones to map properly, I'm not surprised. The plugin uses an older version of Astrolabe and I'm sure there are other submodules/includes that are out of date in it. Some of the calls to functions in NxMap don't even match up with Carb 5.4. I'm not a coder but I tried to debug it by simply updating names in function calls however that didn't get me very far. For now I just disable Carb when I need to find things with HandyNotes. Carb is much more important to my gameplay.

12-11-14, 09:16 PM   #9
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Just want to chime in and say that dungeon maps are still not working properly, also as someone pointed out Dalaran is in the void.

12-11-14, 09:39 PM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
Just want to chime in and say that dungeon maps are still not working properly, also as someone pointed out Dalaran is in the void.
This is the first i've heard of dungeon maps, what are they doing?

12-12-14, 12:19 AM   #11
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Several things I've noticed, with dungeons that have multiple level dungeons the map never changes, it only ever shows one of the levels, though you still move across it - last I saw this was in some Wrath dungeons, I can't remember if it's working in Draenor dungeons or not.

It's also impossible to move them around to look at it properly, if you try to put the mouse anywhere near it, particularly the full sized map, it zooms right out - or in? - and becomes unreadable.

12-12-14, 01:07 PM   #12
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
Here is the error I get when entering dungeons. Hope this helps. Also the quest watch window does not save your watched / unwatched quests when changing zones, hearthing, login etc.

Date: 2014-12-12 12:23:19
ID: -1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
Debug:
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:6421: UpdateOverlay()
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:6252: UpdateZones()
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4500: Update()
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3749:
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3674
Locals:
self = <table> {
MiniBlks = 6
IconScale = 3
MenuIShowWorld = <table> {
}
GIconMenuITogInst = <table> {
}
PlyrRZY = 54.218912124634
MMScalesC = <table> {
}
LOpts = <table> {
}
TextFStrs = <table> {
}
PlyrLastDir = 313.89059844163
Scrolling = false
Menu = <table> {
}
EffScale = 0.84999996423721
Zone = 0
WorldAlpha = -1.#IND
StartupShown = true
ScaleDraw = 0.43495632739535
BackgndAlphaFade = 1
MoveLastX = -1544.6403306594
PlyrDir = 313.89059844163
PlyrSpeedCalcTime = 12185.066
MapPosYDraw = -3668.9338981034
PlyrSpeed = 0
MapScale = 0.043408815109316
CurMapBG = false
PadX = 0
BGIncNum = 0
ViewSavedData = <table> {
}
MapW = 302.08609008789
MMGathererUpdateDelay = 1
LClickTime = 0
MouseEnabled = true
ButAutoScaleOn = <table> {
}
MapH = 260.88610839844
MMScales = <table> {
}
MapPosX = -1544.6403306594
BackgndAlphaTarget = 1
MapsDrawnOrder = <table> {
}
BGGrowBars = true
ArrowScroll = 0.58
H = 141
Tick = 429323
IconNIFrms = <table> {
}
LastDungeonLevel = 0
BaseScale = 1
ToolBar = <table> {
}
MoveLastY = -3668.9338981034
MenuIShowHerb = <table> {
}
DotPartyScale = 1
DotZoneScale = 1
QuestAlpha = 0.3
TrackPlayer = "Dankspor"
CurWorldUpdateOverlayNum = 1
Scale = 0.43495632739535
Targets = <table> {
}
BackgndAlpha = 1
ArrowPulse = 1
MenuIShowMine = <table> {
}
MapId = -1
UpdateMapID = -1
MMOwn = false
Size1 = 0.88235297830047
ShowUnexplored = false
Arch = <unnamed> {
}
PIconMenu = <table> {
}
DotRaidScale = 1
IconFrms = <table> {
}
StepTime = 0
PlyrSpeedX = -1544.6403306594
PlyrFrm = <unnamed> {
}
DebugAdjustScale = 0.1
ScaleDrawW = 2.29908139511
IconStaticFrms = <table> {
}
UpdateTrackingDelay = 0
IconNavScale = 1
MiniFrms = <table> {
}
InCombat = false
Win = <table> {
}
InstanceId = false
RealScale = 0.43495632739535
Data = <table> {
}
TrackDir = false
BGIconMenu = <table> {
}
CurOverlays = <table> {
}
CurOverlaysTexFolder = "talador"
LocTipFStrs = <table> {
}
TrackPlyrs = <table> {
}
WorldHotspotTipStr = "Draenor, Talador (94-96)
"
TextScFrm = <unnamed> {
}
TextFrm = <unnamed> {
}
GIconMenuIFindNote = <table> {
}
TrackETA = false
QuestWin = <unnamed> {
}
WorldHotspotsCity = <table> {
}
MapPosY = -3668.9338981034
PlyrY = -3668.9338981034
TargetNextUniqueId = 1
Tracking = <table> {
}
Guide = <table> {
}
WorldHotspots = <table> {
}
Level = 17
RMapId = -1
Cont = 90
LocTipFrm = NxMapTip {
}
TransMenu = <table> {
}
PlyrSpeedY = -3668.9338981034
ContFrms = <table> {
}
MapIndex = 1
TileFrms = <table> {
}
ScaleW = 2.29908139511
UpdateTargetDelay = 0
CurOpts = <table> {
}
MenuIPlyrFollow = <table> {
}
TitleH = 0
ArchAlpha = 0.3
GIconMenu = <table> {
}
MenuIMonitorZone = <table> {
}
W = 150
MMOwnedFrms = <table> {
}
CurWorldUpdateMapId = 946
PlyrRZX = 47.214442491531
KillShow = false
MMChkDelay = 3
NeedWorldUpdate = true
MapPosXDraw = -1544.6403306594
MoveDir = 180
Frm = <unnamed> {
}
MapsDrawnFade = <table> {
}
BackgndAlphaFull = 1
PlyrX = -1544.6403306594
DotPalScale = 1
}
mapId = -1
bright = 1
noUnexplored = nil
wzone = <table> {
1 = 1
2 = 0
3 = 0
}
txFolder = "talador"
overlays = <table> {
fortwrynn = "567,42,292,235"
aruuna = "597,178,389,234"
shattrath = "173,22,406,367"
centerisles = "546,228,252,280"
seentrance = "685,298,308,276"
tuurem = "472,148,225,224"
auchindoun = "338,356,309,262"
gordalfortress = "548,378,423,290"
gulrok = "165,364,278,270"
zangarra = "713,35,287,277"
orunaicoast = "427,0,279,267"
telmor = "207,511,497,157"
courtofsouls = "150,264,307,229"
tomboflights = "352,271,326,212"
northgate = "571,0,398,149"
}
unex = true
bW = nil
bH = nil
txIndex = nil
txPixelW = nil
txFileW = nil
txPixelH = nil
txFileH = nil
path = "Interface\Worldmap\talador\"
alpha = 1
unExAl = 0.9
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = <table> {
MiniBlks = 6
IconScale = 3
MenuIShowWorld = <table> {
}
GIconMenuITogInst = <table> {
}
PlyrRZY = 54.218912124634
MMScalesC = <table> {
}
LOpts = <table> {
}
TextFStrs = <table> {
}
PlyrLastDir
AddOns:

12-12-14, 12:39 AM   #13
Seny69
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by R_OReilly View Post
There is plugin called HandyNotes_Carbonite last updated in January 2012 by Zasurus. It supposedly translates HandyNotes locations into the coordinate/zoneID system used by Carbonite. I hadn't used it or HandyNotes until recently so I'm not sure if it was still working before the 6.0 pre-patch.

Given it's age and the updates Rythal and the team here have had to make for the new WoD zones to map properly, I'm not surprised. The plugin uses an older version of Astrolabe and I'm sure there are other submodules/includes that are out of date in it. Some of the calls to functions in NxMap don't even match up with Carb 5.4. I'm not a coder but I tried to debug it by simply updating names in function calls however that didn't get me very far. For now I just disable Carb when I need to find things with HandyNotes. Carb is much more important to my gameplay.

I have Handynotes Carbonite, I guess it doesent work because its for the old carbonite

12-11-14, 09:20 PM   #14
KMJX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Can you please make this addon work with Handynotes? Handynotes is a MAJOR part of WOD because it shows where all the bonus resources are. Because of Handynotes I have successfully been able to level up every building in my garrison to level 3 delete them all and start new buildings. I'm not sure if its something they have to do on their side or your side but other than that this addon is working great for me.

One more issue I have been having with your latest build. If im in nagrand and i open my map and hover over any territory in Draenor it doesn't show flightpaths or quests or anything. Its like looking at an undiscovered area. Im happy to take a screenshot if needed.
*sigh"

as with all other addons with map integrations which previously worked with Carbonite, HandyNotes wont work with the current Carbonite because the author won't update their addon to work with it as long as Rythal does not officially release an updated version.

The GIT version of Carbonite is working very well, but is still not an officially released version.
Once it goes official on wowinterface/curse/whathaveyou, other addons will probably be updated to integrate with it again.

Please guys, stop asking Rythal to add compatibility fixes for other addons. Don't pile up additional work that would further delay an official release on him (even if he's ultimately the one deciding what he works on, requesting features still puts some pressure on him).

12-12-14, 12:41 AM   #15
Seny69
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by KMJX View Post
*sigh"

as with all other addons with map integrations which previously worked with Carbonite, HandyNotes wont work with the current Carbonite because the author won't update their addon to work with it as long as Rythal does not officially release an updated version.

The GIT version of Carbonite is working very well, but is still not an officially released version.
Once it goes official on wowinterface/curse/whathaveyou, other addons will probably be updated to integrate with it again.

Please guys, stop asking Rythal to add compatibility fixes for other addons. Don't pile up additional work that would further delay an official release on him (even if he's ultimately the one deciding what he works on, requesting features still puts some pressure on him).

im not "ASKING" for anything, there is no need to sigh. I am pointing out issues with the current GIT version of carbonites maps in other zones when you are not with them, and the compatibility with Handynotes which is absolutely HUGE for resource farming in this xpac.

Next time i guess ill keep my bugs and issues to myself good god.

12-12-14, 12:46 AM   #16
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Wow, someone has their panties in a bunch over this one... The main point is that you should submit this particular bug to Handynotes and not to Carbonite as the problem is on their side, not on ours.

12-12-14, 02:37 AM   #17
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Just noticed that the Bonus Bosses in instances aren't listed with the rest. If you need to test it Everbloom has one. The spider boss "Xeri'tac" is unlisted.

12-12-14, 08:13 AM   #18
KMJX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
im not "ASKING" for anything, there is no need to sigh. I am pointing out issues with the current GIT version of carbonites maps in other zones when you are not with them, and the compatibility with Handynotes which is absolutely HUGE for resource farming in this xpac.

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your toes.
it's just I'm kinda frustrated from answering the same question so many times in a short window of time, even though it pertains to different other addons (NPC_Scan Overlay and HandyNotes are the most common offenders)

Bug reports are fine, but I think right now reports on bugs/problems that involve interaction between other addons and Carbonite won't help speeding up the process of getting an official release, and just add clutter to the reports actually directly related to Carb.

I'm kind of impatient for one as well, for exactly the reason that I too use such addons, and their respective authors have explicitly stated they won't fix Carbonite integration until then.
As I don't integrate carbonite map into the standard Blizz Minimap, HandyNotes works fine for me because a POI will appear there when I'm in proximity, and when I go deliberately hunting I can bring up the standard map with ALT+M.

-- That said, I'd need to check if treasure appears on the Carbonite map on the character I bought the actual ingame treasure maps... because if not that would be something that actually belongs in a Carbonite bug report ^^'. - BRB
-- EDIT:-- They do show up.

Last edited by KMJX : 12-12-14 at 08:18 AM.

12-12-14, 10:23 AM   #19
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Flightmasterdata is now in the Code but Not in all locales Files because i had to do something for family but if i m back Home First thing is Put the Code to all locales

Greetings Samyonair

Written on Smartphone and t9 is something bad when Not in native lang :-)

12-12-14, 10:08 PM   #20
dagaard
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Very soon (i hope, i've been saying that a while I know) I still have a couple bugs i'm trying to iron out that are key features people use carbonite for.

In my local build (not yet pushed to git)
- Quest history is fixed
- Blizzard Quest portion of world Map being blank is fixed
- Harvest nodes are half working... Mining works, Herbalism doesn't (and that's the current holdup on a new git push) When I said originally they were fixed, I was looking in a zone where it was working and didn't realize it was only 1 node type and in the one zone they were showing up.
Ok thanks for the update. Keep up the good work I can't wait to get Carbonite back again.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch