06-25-15, 05:33 AM   #1
Nomaddc
A Cliff Giant
Suggestions and improvements

Hey, first of all: great job on the addon, it's awesome!

Now on to the topic.

First: I'd suggest tweaking aura tracking for DKs who pick Necrotic Plague, as how it is now it keeps displaying Frost Fever and Blood Plague (redundant with that talent choice!) and Necrotic Plague is only shown as a debuff on target (not in aura tracker).

Second: there is an annoying bug with professions UI - when you open up profession window it is empty, because some weird filter (void) is applied. To see anything you have to go and click "cross" in text filter field to delete that empty filter and see your stuff. Happens every time you reopen profession window.

Third: better "per character" customization. This one I realize is pretty huge, but it would be awesome. Ability to store settings per character, so if you, say, reset settings on one of your characters it doesn't mess up settings on all others. And settings set one one character can be shared with others or can be set to be personal to that character (I know it is implemented at some scale, but a lot of general settings are shared).
06-25-15, 09:30 AM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
1: Yeah I had made a last minute flag in hopes that this specific situation would behave. However, without access to a level 100 DK I wasn't able to fully test it. That said, I wanted to at least have Necrotic not show if you didn't have the talent.

2: Do you have a profession addons? I haven't seen this at all.

3: Yeah, thats probably something that should be done, but as you noted it would be a fairly large change. The big thing is: What options would you want to be per-char?

06-26-15, 05:54 AM   #3
Nomaddc
A Cliff Giant
2. No, not that I can think of any. Will try cleaning up WTF folder.
EDIT: Found problem - nothing to do with RealUI, it's WowDBProfiler from curse that messes things up.

3. Hmm, here is my shot at it. Character specific settings: raid frames (appearance, placement, etc), action bars placement (appearance, placement, bindings), probably clique settings (not that I'm personally using it), maybe more.

Last edited by Nomaddc : 06-26-15 at 06:03 AM.
07-02-15, 03:10 AM   #4
JerkyGunner
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
1: Yeah I had made a last minute flag in hopes that this specific situation would behave. However, without access to a level 100 DK I wasn't able to fully test it. That said, I wanted to at least have Necrotic not show if you didn't have the talent.
Is there a way for me to do this on my own? I'm not 100% sure how everything is tied together in the compilation and I've been trying to get this to work using the AuraTracker but I can't seem to manage.
07-05-15, 12:00 AM   #5
JerkyGunner
A Murloc Raider
Just a little bump in the hopes of being able to sort this out myself.
07-05-15, 03:06 PM   #6
iamslay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

as for the necrotic plague thing, you can add necrotic and disable the others.. you'd be able to find the spellid easily enough on wowhead (or just use the spell name). perhaps a bit clunky if you're in the habit of changing that talent often... ***edit*** just re-read your original post... do you mean to say that necrotic doesn't show up in the aura tracker even if it's added manually?

clique settings and action bar bindings are per character already ^.^

for other per character customization... i have been playing many alts in all roles and have not seen a need for per character customization, although i suppose having the option would be nice (and unused in my case). out of curiosity, may i ask what changes you would make? like... why the need to move the raid frames/bars/etc.?
07-06-15, 10:08 AM   #7
JerkyGunner
A Murloc Raider
I just figured it out. Was a silly thing really.

After making the changes required I had to /reload. I was expecting the change to be visible right away and kept assuming it just wasn't working.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Suggestions and improvements