12-20-15, 11:51 PM   #1
briandknight
A Murloc Raider
/click on working to click a "Buy" button within an addon frame

I've created a simple macro that uses the /click command to left mouse click the "Buy" button within an addon, but when I run the macro it does not work. I used /framestack to identify the button name. I am able to create other macros that use /click to left click on the standard auction house buy button (not in another addon). I did notice that /framestack shows the "Buy" button for the addon in the format FrameName.ButtonName while buttons from the standard WoW interface only have ButtonName (from what I have seen).

Here is what I have in the (non-working) macro:

/click ZA_Buy_Fame.FooterBuyButton

Any help is appreciated.
12-21-15, 04:27 AM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can try /run ZA_Buy_Fame.FooterBuyButton:Click()

You can only /click a button with a global name, and the dot in the name means FooterBuyButton is actually a key in the ZA_Buy_Frame table.
12-21-15, 04:47 AM   #3
briandknight
A Murloc Raider
Thanks...

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if there's a way to implement a work around in the form of a script or small addon? The thing is I don't want to have to click on the "Buy" button a bunch of times when I'm buying a lot of the same item from the AH. The original plan was to bind the mouse scroll to the "/click Buy" macro. Maybe there is a way to make the keys from the ZA_Buy_Frame table accessible to the WoW scripting/addon functions?

Thanks for your help.
12-21-15, 04:59 AM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Does the /run script from my previous post not work?
12-21-15, 06:28 PM   #5
briandknight
A Murloc Raider
/run script not working

No that doesn't work. Here is the LUA error message:

Message: [string "ZA_Buy_Fame.FooterBuyButton:Click()"]:1: attempt to index global 'ZA_Buy_Fame' (a nil value)

It's a "secure frame." Does that make a difference?
12-21-15, 06:47 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The frame name was misspelled, try:
/run ZA_Buy_Frame.FooterBuyButton:Click()

The frame being secure might mean that interacting with it is restricted if it actually ends up calling a protected function. This will be indicated by a popup saying the macro attempted to perform a restricted action. If that's the case, the only thing you can do is create your own button to mimic its code, give that a global name, and either a /click macro or link the new button directly to a keybind.
12-21-15, 09:58 PM   #7
briandknight
A Murloc Raider
That works!

That was it! It works now - Thank you for your help!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » /click on working to click a "Buy" button within an addon frame