07-07-16, 09:40 AM   #1
Terran-SRT
A Murloc Raider

I want to, but I'm scared.

I've been using ElvUI for as long as I think it's been available, but to be honest, it's too much stuff recently I've desired a more minimalistic UI and this one is the one that's caught my attention. I have a few questions, that I didn't find answers to in the FAQ.

1. Does the UI integrate with Skada/Recount only, or can Details be plugged in with little to no issue?
2. Does it fare as well with BigWigs as it does with DBM and visa versa?
3. Does it have character specific profiles that can be loaded on demand to other toons (ie- alts) with different functions/jobs (read as tank/heal/dps) and do those trinity specific addons/tools change based on that?

I realize these seem trivial, but I'm picky. I really appreciate any response that can be offered.

Thanks.

Last edited by Terran-SRT : 07-07-16 at 10:53 AM.
07-07-16, 01:07 PM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
1. Yes, Details is supported as well.
2. A BigWigs skin is available along with DBM in the optional nibRealUI_BossSkins addon.
3. RealUI by default uses a single global profile, but you can create more profiles for specific characters.

Hope that answers your questions!

07-07-16, 01:28 PM   #3
Terran-SRT
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
1. Yes, Details is supported as well.
2. A BigWigs skin is available along with DBM in the optional nibRealUI_BossSkins addon.
3. RealUI by default uses a single global profile, but you can create more profiles for specific characters.

Hope that answers your questions!
Well that's all I needed to hear. I'll be moving over to RealUI this evening.
Serious kudos for the exceptionally well made UI, sexy graphic and color schemes, and thank you for your prompt responses to a new fan.
07-07-16, 10:38 PM   #4
Asmoday356
A Kobold Labourer

If you're curious as to what it looks like in action in current content, here's a video of me healing Hellfire Assault using the healer profile. I made just a few minor aesthetic tweaks to Grid, Bartender, and positions for DBM. I also switched out the nameplates to TidyPlates, but the RealUI stock nameplates are just as good. If you PvP, here is a vid of the UI in action in arena. I pretty much exclusively use the healer profile since I really only glance at my action bars for CD's, pay more attention to my party, and have less mouse travel time to cast things at party members. I tried ElvUI and switched to RealUI maybe 3 or 4 years ago, and have been madly in love with it ever since!

Last edited by Asmoday356 : 07-08-16 at 01:21 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » I want to, but I'm scared.