12-23-06, 12:12 AM   #1
Goregazm
A Murloc Raider
Battleground Scoreboard Sorting

If there is an AddOn with this functionality already created, it has avoided my superior detection routines while browsing a few UI sites.

I just figured I'd send a request out here to see if anyone would be willing to make an AddOn just for this purpose.

IE:
Sort the Battleground Scoreboard by the following (User customizable of course):
Server / Class / Name -|- Damage Done -|- Healing Done -|- Killing Blows -|- Bonus Honor etc

Cheers m8's. Hope this reaches someone who has what it takes to make it happen!
12-23-06, 09:31 PM   #2
Farook
A Molten Giant

I would love to see such an addon as well, because those stupid killing blows are not everything.
12-24-06, 09:34 AM   #3
sibbor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've been thinking of such an addon myself. Everytime I've looked for it the result is null. Then I think "I'd better do this addon myself", but... then it comes down to that I don't have time and enough experience with LUA programming.
12-24-06, 10:51 PM   #4
sibbor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by sibbor
I've been thinking of such an addon myself. Everytime I've looked for it the result is null. Then I think "I'd better do this addon myself", but... then it comes down to that I don't have time and enough experience with LUA programming.
I've been fooling around a bit with this now. I haven't got much done. What I've done so far is to gather the information from the score board making it sortable via name/death/HK's/KB's...

I haven't started messing around with the GUI part yet, but it'll come soon enough if I can get everything else straightened up.
12-25-06, 10:01 PM   #5
Goregazm
A Murloc Raider
I've been fooling around a bit with this now. I haven't got much done. What I've done so far is to gather the information from the score board making it sortable via name/death/HK's/KB's...

I haven't started messing around with the GUI part yet, but it'll come soon enough if I can get everything else straightened up.

This is great news m8. I'll keep watching for further updates on this thread.
12-26-06, 03:14 PM   #6
kneeki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Something like http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rdSummary.html ?

12-26-06, 03:46 PM   #7
Goregazm
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by kneeki
I did see that AddOn but you can not distinguish between who (in order) has the highest healing / kb's / Damage Done etc
The name (ScoreboardSummary) did catch my eye while browsing but it just didn't fit what I was looking for. Sure, it show's your stats on the small window that attaches to the scoreboard but not in comparison to everyone else. I believe sibbor has the jest of what I was looking for and is in the process of tinkering with writing it up.
12-26-06, 04:38 PM   #8
kneeki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Ahh, ok. I must have read your post wrong. I thought you were looking for a summary type of thing, not a 'click top of a catagory to sort by that' type of thing. =)
12-26-06, 04:47 PM   #9
Slade8
A Kobold Labourer
I would love to see a sorting mod where you could click on each category. Hopefully this is able to get done.
12-26-06, 09:47 PM   #10
sibbor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cool sortScoreBoard 0.1b

So far I've done all the required functions (more or less I assume). I tested the functionality out with a GUI, which is only temporary (*knock in wood*), until I've can figured out how to hook up with Blizzard's score board. At the moment I've got no clue on how to do it or if it's possible, but I'll see what I can do... I won't promise anything.

The (temporary) GUI:

The (temporary) chat output:

The data was based on this score board:

Last edited by sibbor : 12-26-06 at 10:01 PM.
12-26-06, 09:52 PM   #11
NiGHTsC
A Murloc Raider
Can't wait for this addon!
Thanx for your work sibbor
12-26-06, 10:29 PM   #12
Waverian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I ran into more or less the same problem sibbor- I could add elements to the frame, but I couldn't seem to get past the construction as it seems to be happening in CreateWorldStateScoreFrame() [believe that's the name, I dropped this a couple weeks ago because it was out of my league ]

When I got stuck on hooking the frame I was toying with the idea of creating a replica of the score frame, passing all the data and opening up the faux frame on a press, but that would be a mountain of work.
12-27-06, 11:36 PM   #13
Sole
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=3788.0

I got interested in this idea and managed to whip this up today.

Its pretty much what youre looking for as far as I can tell .
12-27-06, 11:38 PM   #14
sibbor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Sole
http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=3788.0

I got interested in this idea and managed to whip this up today.

Its pretty much what youre looking for as far as I can tell .
That's cool mate. I guess my work was for nothing then... or, well atleast I got some new knowledge about LUA. Also I'm not experiencing any lag with my version. I think I'll continue my project and fulfill it either way.

Last edited by sibbor : 12-28-06 at 01:55 AM.
12-28-06, 02:25 AM   #15
Sole
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That's cool mate. I guess my work was for nothing then... or, well atleast I got some new knowledge about LUA. Also I'm not experiencing any lag with my version. I think I'll continue my project and fulfill it either way.
Mine only lags when there are lots of players to process and because it directly sorts the scoreboard. Yours simply prints out the sorted index to the chat box (so far anyway ).
12-28-06, 03:14 AM   #16
Goregazm
A Murloc Raider
Thank you VERY much! I don't mind the slight lag while it sorts, because it gets the job done!

Cheers m8.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Battleground Scoreboard Sorting