01-08-07, 09:28 PM   #1
TheScalliewag
A Defias Bandit
Khaos Configue missing

For some reason the "Khaos Configure" is not showing in my "Main Menu" window in some realms. I can log one of my realms and it's there but the other two it's not, and this is for all characters on those realms.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled cosmos several times. So far nothing I've read in other forums has addressed this problem, can someone help me with it?

Thanks.
01-08-07, 10:18 PM   #2
AnduinLothar
Nobody of Importance

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Chances are you dissabled a dependancy. The Cosmos version of Khaos does not have the libs embedded because they are used by other addons as well. The Cosmos version of Khaos requires Sea, Chronos, and FireTree (Sea, Chronos, and Earth if you are using the old Release version).
01-08-07, 10:57 PM   #3
TheScalliewag
A Defias Bandit
I think I found the problem and you're right it looks like I had disabled it. (I must have done it when I hit the "disable" instead of "ignore" button when the looting issue was driving me crazy and nothing else I changed seemed to work).

I was exploring around in my WoW folders and found in my character accounts a .txt file named "AddOns" with only the following content:

Chronos: disabled
Thottbot: disabled

I cut/pasted the .txt to a new file in my documents (in case it was something I really needed back in there) and that fixed the problem once I restarted WoW. I found the file in only two of my characters folders yet it affected all characters on the same server.

For those of you like me that only have intermediate computer knowledge you can look in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\Account name\Server\Character name. The last 3 parts being your personal information instead within the backslashes.

Hope this helps anyone else that might be having the same problem I did.
01-09-07, 11:25 AM   #4
AnduinLothar
Nobody of Importance

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can also just enable them on the character screen addon list.
01-09-07, 10:38 PM   #5
TheScalliewag
A Defias Bandit
I had already tried that several times (it was showing that it was enabled also), along with un-installing cosmos and re-installing it but nothing changed until I actually removed that .txt from my character's folder. Maybe just a fluke with my system, not sure...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Khaos Configue missing