01-24-07, 07:20 AM   #881
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Go Cair!!!

01-24-07, 08:39 AM   #882
nas4a2
A Kobold Labourer

Just a quick question....

After having had the pleasure of using the MazzleUI pre 2.0 patch, I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the new version. I have been playing WoW since release, including both betas, and have yet to find a better UI that would give me both a good playing experience as well as total functionality for what I wanted.

With that being said, I was hoping that there was a way to make donations other than PayPal, as unfortunately for me, my name flags some unknown server somewhere that Homeland Security deems to be dangerous, and I am STILL trying to jump through their hoops to show that I am not using the PayPal system to overthrow some random govornment. If there is any other way to donate, please let me know, the hard work being put in by both the devs and the testers should not go unappreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter.

Best of luck, and I am greatly looking forward to seeing the 2.0 version, whenever it breaks out!

Nas

01-24-07, 10:01 AM   #883
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
If you want to debate unit frames, that's great, and I do find it interesting. Just find an appropriate thread to do it in. This thread has nothing to do with that.
Sorry, this was probably my fault for mentioning unit frame addons I'd been using since the patch. I will now stop talking about that.

Edit (added a real question, though it takes me time to build up to it):

Instead, how about unit frames questions relating to MazzleUI?

My biggest gripe about unit frame mods is that they are made too flexible. I want a unit frame layout that wastes as little screen real estate as possible while telling me everything I need to know. (Of course, this depends on one's definition of "waste," which in turn depends on what one considers worthwhile and what one doesn't.)

I do not want a unit frame addon that makes me place things myself. This makes zero sense to me. The only time you can see your party or raid unit frames is when you're in a party or raid, and I don't want to waste other people's time adjusting my frames. And the only time I can see my pet's target frame, or my target's target, or my target's target's target, ad infinitum, is when I'm in combat -- and I should be fighting, not messing with frames. And then it dies, and the frame disappears again. Also, I can never get things to line up evenly. Allowing flexibility is nice, but I argue that with unit frames, it's detrimental. I think one should have fixed layout schemes that have been worked out in advance; this is why Grid is nice. This is a case where limiting the options is a good thing.

Now as to how this relates to MazzleUI: It looks as if there are a limited (which is good!) set of party and raid layout presets -- but I can't tell for sure, because I never got a chance to be in so much as a party, let alone a raid, in the brief time I tried MazzleUI before the patch. Are there presets for how it lays out the party and raid unit frames? (It looks as if there are, but maybe I'm just looking for reassurance.) How about layouts for showing your target's target, your pet's target, etc.?

Last edited by Gemminie : 01-24-07 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Had additional thoughts and didn't want to waste resources with another post.

01-24-07, 12:41 PM   #884
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I am going to post you a screen shot of this UI in a raid prior to TBC release ( 0.93 mazzleUI ) but I want to mention right now that I want the PM's asking me to send them the beta version of this UI to stop. I am posting these so that you can see that the UI is infact real and IS bieng worked on.

Gemminie the screen shots below are from MC and AQ40 they should show you everything you wish to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MC.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	1022  Click image for larger version

Name:	AQ.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	1023  

01-24-07, 12:51 PM   #885
Lyc
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kierrkian
I am going to post you a screen shot of this UI in a raid prior to TBC release ( 0.93 mazzleUI ) but I want to mention right now that I want the PM's asking me to send them the beta version of this UI to stop. I am posting these so that you can see that the UI is infact real and IS bieng worked on.

Gemminie the screen shots below are from MC and AQ40 they should show you everything you wish to see.

those are some sexy screens. a few ??s tho, will XRS come pre-configured as well? and will we be able to add/change some of the bars on it to show AFk status, certain classes mana etc. will we be able to change where the players and targets buffs/debuffs are? i love the layout right now xcept for the buff/debuff bars

01-24-07, 02:14 PM   #886
Kraki
An Aku'mai Servant
Hey Mazzle, I've got a question for you. Do you need any help with the actual coding? I'd be more than willing to help you clean up the code, or fix any errors that are preventing you from a general release. I'm sure there are others who wouldn't mind lending their coding abilities either.

01-24-07, 05:08 PM   #887
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

I am going to post you a screen shot of this UI in a raid prior to TBC release ( 0.93 mazzleUI )
You should realize by now that you can't provide evidence to stop skeptics -- half which I think are just teasing Maz for taking so long.

01-24-07, 05:28 PM   #888
somebody
A Murloc Raider

Hey Kierrkian, if you can remember how did you make your health and mana text in your 3D portrait bigger? I could never find a place to change it and yes i read the FAQ , yours looks much bigger than default. sorry just saw this is the new UI so the size is bigger now and i hope you can change the font size now ?

Last edited by somebody : 01-24-07 at 05:33 PM.

01-24-07, 05:38 PM   #889
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

I don't understand why people keep asking over and over about the ETA or to testers to send them the betas... just learn to wait for the thing to come out when it's done or keep your opinion closed on how it should be released. In the end, it is Mazzle's decision anyway.

01-24-07, 07:56 PM   #890
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

I am going to post you a screen shot of this UI in a raid prior to TBC release ( 0.93 mazzleUI )
You should realize by now that you can't provide evidence to stop skeptics -- half which I think are just teasing Maz for taking so long.

01-24-07, 09:34 PM   #891
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
So Cair, when's the feature coming so that Mazz can ban all the people that ask for ETAs from downloading MazzleUI when its released? =D (j/k)

Guys, you'll simply have to be satisfied with "It is coming along, and it will be done when Mazzlefizz thinks it is done." Pressuring Mazzle gets you no where, except maybe a ban from the site.

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

01-24-07, 10:02 PM   #892
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It's been in all along. It's called the PM system. Someone PM's me with a link to a post they object to, I look at it and deal with it accordingly. (Nothing, Warning, Ban - depending)
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

01-25-07, 01:10 AM   #893
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by somebody
Hey Kierrkian, if you can remember how did you make your health and mana text in your 3D portrait bigger? I could never find a place to change it and yes i read the FAQ , yours looks much bigger than default. sorry just saw this is the new UI so the size is bigger now and i hope you can change the font size now ?
I think those are the default size. He's just at the lowest aspect ratio of 1.25 (1280x1024), so things may seem bigger. It's also why he has raid frames outside of the center area. It's the only layout that has them like that, b/c there's not enough room. 1.33 and 1.6 have them all in the middle.

Anyway, it's easy to change that font size. Those are unit frames and the unit frames are still being handled by DUF.

01-25-07, 01:51 AM   #894
Archos
A Theradrim Guardian

I have to say, all this talk about MazzleUI has gotten me want to start coding my own addons. Anyone know a good place for me to start? Like a place with good Tutorials?

01-25-07, 02:49 AM   #895
Telerion
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Neotu
I have to say, all this talk about MazzleUI has gotten me want to start coding my own addons. Anyone know a good place for me to start? Like a place with good Tutorials?

i think tuts are not what u're searching for... just learn the programming-language & the addons what are u writing is learning by doing (just look into the files u have from ther addons but don't copy - only earn the structure)

sry 4 bad english

01-25-07, 07:23 AM   #896
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I think those are the default size. He's just at the lowest aspect ratio of 1.25 (1280x1024), so things may seem bigger. It's also why he has raid frames outside of the center area. It's the only layout that has them like that, b/c there's not enough room. 1.33 and 1.6 have them all in the middle.

Anyway, it's easy to change that font size. Those are unit frames and the unit frames are still being handled by DUF.
I'm really glad to hear that. I was looking at those screens thinking, "That shore is perty...well, except for those two groups that are outside the middle, which looks kind of retarded." But understand that's the 1.25 ratio, it makes sense now. Would you happen to have any current screenshots to wet our appetite? Think I saw one a few pages back, but I don't believe it had any raid frames.

*edit*
One other quick question. I know that once Mazzle is released, I can back up my WTF/Addons folder and pretty much get back to where I was if I decide I don't like it (which is unlikely), but does MazzleUI include an option to put your button assignments back the way they were? Because that info is kept server side, and if I try to go back by just restoring my folders, my UI will look the same, but the buttons will be scattered alllll over the place most likely. Thanks.

Last edited by Arkive : 01-25-07 at 07:28 AM.

01-25-07, 09:15 AM   #897
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Neotu
I started with WOWwiki, they have some great "get started" pages and a pretty much complete list of API

http://www.wowwiki.com/AddOns

01-25-07, 09:39 AM   #898
Dragynlovr
An Aku'mai Servant

To all the gripers:
Please, Pipe the screeching down.

To all the Beta Testers and Mazzle:
FANTASTIC JOB thus far.

Having been an ex beta tester, I can attest that this is the most awesome UI I have ever had the privelage of using. I lost my spot in the first Beta though because of the fact that I work in retail and the holidays took up most of my time and so I could not be an active participant on the Beta team. I now wish that I could have changed proffessions so I could be an active participant in this latest beta team now that I have more time...lol.

Since the patch in early Dec when MazzleUI stopped working, I have tried, built and redesigned several UIs but nothing comes close to this one.

Trust me, guys and gals, when this UI comes out, it will be VERY WORTH the wait.

And Mazzle, if you have a spot left, I would love to come back, if not, I understand and wait with excitement for the public release. Keep up the good work and know most of us out here understand what you are going through and can appreciate the effort.

Good Luck.

01-25-07, 10:12 AM   #899
dragzal
A Cyclonian

First of all:
Great UI, I would like to use it but i found it the first time right before BC started .
Take your time Mazzle, only a good working Mod is a good useable Mod .

I have one question:
in raids i use at the moment PerfectRaid together with oRa2 because its the only RaidFrameMod i know where i can show only healthbars and no Frameborders or something.

- May it possible to use sRaidFrames looking like PerfectRaid (without manabar and
Frameborders)?
- Or may it possible to use PerfectRaid instead of sRaidFrames without loosing functions of
MazzleUI ?

Thank you and good luck for the development.

01-25-07, 01:41 PM   #900
Shiroimin
A Cyclonian

I just want to say, I had MazzleUI for half a day before it got messed up by blizzard, and during my 2 hr time of using the UI, I was amazed by the usability and the look of the UI. Extremely user friendly and easy to setup. So to those that never got to use it, just hold on till it is finished, it is definitly worth it. The more time you wait, the more time Mazzle is going to put into making it easy for you to use so you don't have to waste time in the future. Just learn to be patient.

To Mazzle
Keep up the great work man, as soon as I can get my CC and paypal fixed, I will donate because it is amazing how much time and effort you put into this.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI