02-06-07, 03:09 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Private Beta Group Sub-Forum

As many of you aware, I've had a closed beta group for quite some time helping me test new versions. While I've had a hard time finding people that reliably contribute, I'm going to continue to have this group. Now that the UI is public, though, I'll be changing the structure of how it works:
  • All new versions will be initially posted in the beta forums. While the turnaround time will be much faster, I will still be releasing stuff in the more controlled environment first.
  • Beta testers have a lot more say in how things change. I often run polls in the closed forums when I'm ambivalent about something or are considering a new feature.
  • It'll be easier to join the beta group. I'll be inviting people from these forums that seem particularly insightful or helpful.
  • I'll still be inviting people who make donations. A few of them have turned out to be really good testers.

That said, don't conclude that a donation equals an invite. If it seems to me that you're just trying to game the policy, I probably won't invite. If you want to donate, do so because you want to give back or encourage the continuation of the project.

I don't know how well or useful this new structure will be -- it depends a lot on how this public forum pans out -- but that's my current plan on how it will work. I hope to see many of you in the beta group.
02-06-07, 05:01 AM   #2
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Talking beta goodness

Mazzle its good to hear your beta team has been doing a fine job, and even better to hear MazzleUI will be revived soon.
Well done to you and the entire team who have made this the most anticipated mod I have ever seen for ANY game I play.
Gratz and maybe see you ingame one day.

02-07-07, 10:06 PM   #3
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Perfect.

And its all here for people to see. Thumbs up maz.
02-11-07, 02:04 AM   #4
Drevlon
A Kobold Labourer
Go go beta team!

I really hope we can continue to see this UI evolve because this is probably the best put together UI I have ever used.
02-11-07, 01:52 PM   #5
Alaerio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
aye i've appreciated having the testers like tigerheart and such answering questions, plus i'm sure it takes a load off your plate
Andrewicus - 60 Human Priest - Nazjatar
Belgarath - 60 Human Mage - Nazjatar
Ördög - 30ish Blood Elf Paladin - Exodar
Nainen - 20ish Blood Elf Priest - Exodar
02-12-07, 10:10 PM   #6
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Alaerio
aye i've appreciated having the testers like tigerheart and such answering questions, plus i'm sure it takes a load off your plate
Actually I think we added an extra helping onto his plate.. lol

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Private Beta Group Sub-Forum