03-13-07, 08:51 AM   #1
SuicydKing
A Murloc Raider
Conjure Water

I love the Mazzle ui addon immensely, but I have recently encountered a problem with my mage.

For some reason I simply cannot bind Conjure Water to a hotkey. I am able to bind Conjure Food no problem, as well as any other spell in my book that I've tried. When I hover over the spell in my spellbook with bongos binding options open, it doesn't even list it as a spell button. It gives the regular spell description tooltip instead.

If it makes a difference, I had Conjure Water sucessfully bound to F12. I leveled up and re-mazzifyed in custom mode to re-mazzify my bottons for my new spells. After I mazzifyed I no longer had Conjure Water bound to F12 and lost the ability to bind it.

Has anyone else ever had a similar problem? I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to make that spell bindable again.

Thanks!
03-14-07, 08:08 AM   #2
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
When you re-mazzified it reset the conjure water back to the Context Menu. When you re-mazzify are you unckecking the option to re-mazzify the buttons and bindings? I don't know what level you are but the mage layout is set around a lvl 60 toon and assumes you have certain spells and abilities already. When you gain those new spells and mazzify it sets them to the default settings for the mage layout and will place the default keybinding. What I do is just set the Context menu to not close after clicking so I just create as much food or water as needed then close the context menu. You cant create water while in conbat so I don't see the need for a keybinding... but thats me
03-14-07, 08:50 AM   #3
SuicydKing
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the reply!

What was really vexing me was that I was completely unable to even see the conjure water spell in my spellbook as a bindable key. Conjure food was bindable though.

I solved the issue by switching to the basic layout & dropping the spell into one of my buttons. The reason why I wanted that spell bound to a hotkey is so that when I'm at that in-between level where you need to crank out like 10 conjure waters to fill up a stack I could just bang happily away on F12.

I still cannot bind the spell in my book though. Bongos doesn't believe it exists for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with f12 being reassigned to open bags when I remassify? Donno, but I'm going to have to be carefull about binding that key in the future I suppose.
03-14-07, 11:06 AM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SuicydKing
Thanks for the reply!

What was really vexing me was that I was completely unable to even see the conjure water spell in my spellbook as a bindable key. Conjure food was bindable though.

I solved the issue by switching to the basic layout & dropping the spell into one of my buttons. The reason why I wanted that spell bound to a hotkey is so that when I'm at that in-between level where you need to crank out like 10 conjure waters to fill up a stack I could just bang happily away on F12.

I still cannot bind the spell in my book though. Bongos doesn't believe it exists for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with f12 being reassigned to open bags when I remassify? Donno, but I'm going to have to be carefull about binding that key in the future I suppose.
I have no idea what you mean by "bind it in your book". You either need to put it into a button and create a binding for that button via Bongos or use an add-on that lets you create bindings specifically for spells, like Nymbia's excellent SpellBinder.

You cannot currently make bindings for the items in the context menu. Your keybinds will only change when you re-mazzify if you choose either the "Key Bindings" or "Button Layout" options. Both of those will be by default un-checked if you had already mazzified that version once.
03-14-07, 12:18 PM   #5
Mizer18
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

i would just use the context menu, its not hard to use, and rather quick, wouldnt really waste a hotkey on conjure food or water, but thats just my play-style, and i guess you are using /bongos and stuff like that
03-14-07, 07:33 PM   #6
SuicydKing
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I have no idea what you mean by "bind it in your book". You either need to put it into a button and create a binding for that button via Bongos or use an add-on that lets you create bindings specifically for spells, like Nymbia's excellent SpellBinder.

You cannot currently make bindings for the items in the context menu. Your keybinds will only change when you re-mazzify if you choose either the "Key Bindings" or "Button Layout" options. Both of those will be by default un-checked if you had already mazzified that version once.
Well, I just went and double checked. I can definately open my spellbook (P) and use the bongos option window to bind the spells therein. Only the highest rank can be bound though. And some spells like Arcane Intellect cannot be bound at all. I'm guessing it's because of the association with smartbuff.

Anyway, I got everything working as I needed to, and I really do love this UI. Thanks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Conjure Water