03-22-07, 02:08 AM   #1
niemassacre
A Murloc Raider
Question Problems with MazzleHUD Percentages

First I'd like to say I love this UI - very well made and easy to customize. Excellent work.

I'm not posting this in the Bug Reporting thread because I'm not quite sure it's a bug. Maybe I set something up wrong. I've also searched for any mention of this but haven't found anything yet - I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere.

Here's the problem:
I set my MazzleHUD on my 32 Warlock to percentages for my health and mana instead of pure values. The health part works fine, but the mana part seems to be messed up. The percentages don't seem to line up with my actual remaining mana. This screenshot shows the problem:

As you can see, MazzleHUD says I have 70% of my mana left, yet on my character's panel, it says I ahve 1087/2335 mana remaining, or 46.5%. In addition, it seems that the bar for my mana in the HUD seems to be roughly at 46.5%, so it would seem this part is accurate - just the number over that bar is off.

Any ideas as to what is wrong? Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: I went into the MazzleHUD.lua file and changed the following line:
function MazzleUI:HUD_PlayerManaEvent()
local p, mana, maxMana = 0, UnitMana("player"), UnitManaMax("player")
if (maxMana == 0) then p = 0 else p = (.453125 + (.546875 * (mana/maxMana))); end
local h = 256 * p;

I removed the first part of the p = (.453125 + (.546875 * (mana/maxMana))) part, changing it to simply (mana/maxMana). This fixed the problem with the text, but it made the bar fill incorrectly - the manabar's filling is much less than my actual mana percentage. So I didn't fix anything but it would seem like the problem is in this line. Can anyone tell me why those first two numbers are necessary to the HUD programming? I noticed they aren't included in either the player or target health calculations.

Last edited by niemassacre : 03-22-07 at 12:21 PM.
03-24-07, 12:44 AM   #2
niemassacre
A Murloc Raider
So...does the fact that there have been 100 views without a response mean no one else has this problem, no one knows how to fix the problem, or no one uses the HUD?

If you do use the HUD and haven't had this problem please tell me!
03-24-07, 11:13 AM   #3
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
I don't have a clue what the deal with this is. It's over my head.

If you'd like Mazzle to read it, I'd repost your original in the Support thread. It may not be a bug, but it is certainly something for the Support thread. =D
03-24-07, 01:43 PM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have not noticed any such behavior, and no one else has reported anything like this. That said, I did not use the percentage view; lately, I have been playing HUD-less as well. I'll try it out and see if I can recreate it.
03-24-07, 07:07 PM   #5
paulgh
A Kobold Labourer
This line seems to be the culprit:

else self.HUD.target.manaText.textString:SetText(math.floor(100*p)); end;

It's 5 lines further down. Change the (100*p) to (100*(mana/maxMana)).
That fixed the problem for me in an admittedly short test.
03-24-07, 09:06 PM   #6
niemassacre
A Murloc Raider
I'll try that out, thanks!

EDIT: Changed that, it did seem to fix it - good catch!

Still surprising no one else seemed to have this problem. Oh well...least it's fixed

Last edited by niemassacre : 03-24-07 at 09:10 PM.
03-24-07, 11:34 PM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by niemassacre
I'll try that out, thanks!

EDIT: Changed that, it did seem to fix it - good catch!

Still surprising no one else seemed to have this problem. Oh well...least it's fixed
Yep, I can confirm it too. I don't use percentages, so I didn't notice it. I'm also a bit surprised no one else reported this issue, as it seems like a rather obvious one. Anyway, thanks for the catch.

p.s. Post in the bug report thread next time please.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Problems with MazzleHUD Percentages