02-20-07, 03:17 AM   #1
gahsakee
A Defias Bandit
UI size

i would like to start this out by apologizing if anyone has posted this type of message before. I was wondering if there is a way to make the UI bigger. Everything is really small on my laptop and it takes a lot out of me to try and read everything and see what is what. I'm trying to increase the UI scale. Does anyone know how to do that? I'm hurting myself trying to see WoW
02-20-07, 03:22 AM   #2
fright
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by gahsakee
i would like to start this out by apologizing if anyone has posted this type of message before. I was wondering if there is a way to make the UI bigger. Everything is really small on my laptop and it takes a lot out of me to try and read everything and see what is what. I'm trying to increase the UI scale. Does anyone know how to do that? I'm hurting myself trying to see WoW

The mazzle ui gives suport for larger fonts and soo on if thats wath you mean if not theres allways the ui scale.
02-20-07, 04:47 AM   #3
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by fright
The mazzle ui gives suport for larger fonts and soo on if thats wath you mean if not theres allways the ui scale.
Actually, changing the UI scale in the Interface Panel will mess up the textures and artwork and basically the layout of the whole interface. Mazzle intended the UI scale to be left at 0.64. If you want to change the UI scale to a higher value and mess around with the layout it's up to you as Mazzle and many of us beta testers have already pointed out.
02-20-07, 07:32 AM   #4
Dwarik
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
if you rerun the mazzle setup you'll notice it will ask at one point how large you want your font size etc. Also you can select to just have 4 bars of empty (and larger) buttons instead of the class specific button layout.
02-22-07, 08:20 AM   #5
Shiroimin
A Cyclonian

If its mostly the font that is hard for you to read, you can simply change that without running the mazzifier. Just right click on the chat panel tab and select the font and make it the size that you want. You can do that with all the chat panels on the left side (general, whisper,trade,guild) not with the effects and damage side as far as I know.
02-22-07, 11:16 AM   #6
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Shiroimin
If its mostly the font that is hard for you to read, you can simply change that without running the mazzifier. Just right click on the chat panel tab and select the font and make it the size that you want. You can do that with all the chat panels on the left side (general, whisper,trade,guild) not with the effects and damage side as far as I know.
You can do this, but as far as I know you'll have to do this each time you re-Mazzify, because Mazzification resets your font size. It might be simpler your you to choose Large or Mr. Magoo font sizes. And you're right, the font sizes don't effect the right hand side panels.
02-22-07, 11:41 AM   #7
Shiroimin
A Cyclonian

yeah you do have to redo it after each /mazzify , but for some people even after large or Mr. Magoo might be too small, so they can still edit it like that.
02-26-07, 07:48 PM   #8
infuzion
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by iljott
And you're right, the font sizes don't effect the right hand side panels.
I was just about to mention that... & it doesn't seem to help in the Mazzle help popup either... I'd rather just have an edit mode, where after entering that mode one can right-click & get a menu to change font, size, color, etc
03-15-07, 04:36 AM   #9
Simonpo
A Murloc Raider
i am also playing on a laptop and my UI size is also incredibly small

its not the font size its the UI size

Sum1 plz help
03-15-07, 09:36 AM   #10
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i run ona 12"power book using tiny sizes...ive tried remazzing with big and mrmagoo and dont like it

as far as ther other stuff i dunno...im fine
03-15-07, 10:03 AM   #11
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can go in to each and every addon and change the sizes... it will take forever, but it can be done. Prat should have a Fubar icon you can use to change the font size
HTH
03-15-07, 01:47 PM   #12
Simonpo
A Murloc Raider
So how do u do that?
03-15-07, 02:15 PM   #13
Simonpo
A Murloc Raider
also the chat font is alright but when u mouse over a skill and it shows the description then that font is 2 small. how do i make the description font bigger?
03-16-07, 12:13 AM   #14
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the tip mod used in mazzleui is tinytip
/tinytip should bring up an options menu
under appearacne, there should be a "scale," just make the scale a bigger number, and the font should be larger in the tip
HTH
03-22-07, 09:35 AM   #15
ComputerUser
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nynaeve
I think the tip mod used in mazzleui is tinytip
/tinytip should bring up an options menu
under appearacne, there should be a "scale," just make the scale a bigger number, and the font should be larger in the tip
HTH
I gave up trying to read the tiny tooltips in Mazzle's package awhile ago...
BUT YES TinyTip will increase the font size on just about every tooltip possible...

Does anyone know of an addon that could selectively resize parts of the blizzard UI - I.E. The quest windows and its fonts? Any way to just scale that? Or the Character window?
Something to make parts of the UI bigger while still using the tiny mazzle package?

Update to self:
Another topic suggested MoveAnything or Visor2 (ace). Might try out mazzle again on an toon on an alt realm...

Last edited by ComputerUser : 03-22-07 at 12:42 PM.
03-26-07, 10:29 AM   #16
ComputerUser
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OK so I tested Mazzle again on a 2nd computer with a trial account.

Tinytip addon WILL let you resize the tooltip fonts so us non-gnomes can read the tips.

I'm assuming MoveAnything will also work with mazzle so you can resize/move any default Blizzard windows (i.e. Character, trade, vendor, etc) that you still use.

So i can finally read the important stuff (for me) in the game.

However, I still can't read the Mazzle options screen. It is possible to add the option to SCALE the Mazzle options frame?
03-29-07, 07:39 AM   #17
Shoki
A Murloc Raider
I'm having the same problem. I set the mazzifier option to "Mr. Magoo" but everything still seems small on my 19" 16:9 screen. All of the blizzard panels for example (like the quest ui and the character screen), and the mazzle opptions pane. I really have to squint

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI size