04-27-07, 09:55 PM   #1
xander1290
A Kobold Labourer
Compliation addon touble

ive been trying to install some compliation addons but for some reason it wont let me rename my interface folder. its says access is denied and some other garbage. although, i can rename my WTF folder so i cant figure out why it wont let me rename the interface. any help is appreciated!
04-28-07, 02:36 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Possible that you have that folder open at the same time as you are trying to rename it. Close all windows first then try to rename the folder. BTW you do not need to rename the Interface folder, only certain subfolders inside the WTF folder.
04-28-07, 08:28 AM   #3
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Xinh hit it on the dot, make sure you dont have the folder open or something going on that requires the use of that folder (like an unzipping action). If you are running XP, I find that sometimes it has an issue with releasing a folders access back to the user after performing some function. Seems to be more prevelent since SP2, or maybe thats just me. Either way a restart should fix it.

Originally Posted by Xinh
BTW you do not need to rename the Interface folder, only certain subfolders inside the WTF folder.
If he is trying out different compilations and doesnt want to lose his settings from testing one to the other, its actually a good idea to just rename the interface & wtf folders. That way if you find a compilation that he likes and had it setup the way he likes, he can just delete all the ones he wont use and rename the one he did like and he is off running again w/o a re-setup phase.

Since I like to play with my interface a lot, but not have downtime between messing around in case someone needs help or an instance becomes available, I will just rename my folders so its as easy as a log out and folder rename to setup my working settings and layout and I am good to go again.

Last edited by ReverendD : 04-28-07 at 08:31 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Compliation addon touble