04-15-07, 09:08 AM   #181
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Perhaps it is personal preference, but I really like MikScrollingBattleText . I find it much easier to configure than SCT, but that could just be me - I installed the mod and I instantly just "got it" - others may feel the same way with SCT. Not a very compelling argument, I know. Once feature I like is it really tries to throttle down the text spam - many times I get "Healed 267 x 2 hits" - instead of two entries for 267 each - it combines items where appropriate.

DagAssist I really like this mod - it provides your tadeskills / professions in one movable button. My only complaint is there is no way to make the menu expand "upward" instead of "downward". It also contains all of the portals for mages as well.

WIM - this is an instant messenger manager - when you get whispered you get a popup window, successive whispers become tabs in the same window. One recently discovered feature - when you log onto another character and the same person you just spoke with whispered again the conversation pops up with the history from that player. I like this feature.

Those are the main one's I am using outside of MazzleUI. There are several others I use but they are mainly cosmetic in nature and not really worth mentioning - more personal preference.

I have also replaced MonkeyQuest for nQuestLog . I also use the new LightHeaded for quest information. The latest beta's of these two mods play nicely together.

One thing I am STILL looking for is a nice way to get a separate set of Party frames for healing parties easier. Already been discussed - I know - the Mazzle party frames are difficult to scan quickly. I am for now using DagParty
These frames are not perfect, I wish I could scale them down a bit - but one VERY nice features is they show the TARGET of each party member - this is nice as a healer - I can use Clique to throw a DoT on the tanks target ensuring I don't get agro - when the party is engaging 5 or 6 mobs sometimes it can be difficult to Dot the right one. I also like the visual nature of the bars - very easy to see the health status of the entire party in one small ara. I am open for suggestions for something VERY lightweight that is similar. I reckon loading PitBull or agUnitFrames would be a lot of wasted memory for party frames only. Mods like Healbot are nice - but I prefer to use the clickcasting of Clique - so there is code that I do not need in there taking up memory as well. What I REALLY want is DagParty but more configurable.

04-27-07, 08:35 PM   #182
Skylerzio
A Murloc Raider
Just a simple little suggestion, im at work right now So I dont know if I can do it manually(i'll try tonight when i get home) But does anyone else have a Lock w/Nightfall? With All The Siphon Life, Life drain, and various other dots sprouting numbers by the half second, the grey nightfall proc just kinda gets lost in the jumble.

Maybe make it a Color seperate From The DOT's(grey) and Regens(green), Like maybe a Bright Purple or something that would stand out, yeah...Purple would fit! nightfall...purple...yay! Or maybe have it pop up like when you set a new damage record...something...

Half the times it procs i dont notice, i got a million numbers a sec. rolling up, and i Siphon life EVERYTHING so i got greens cascading down non-stop, and The nightfall Proc hides in them. Thank you!

05-02-07, 01:23 AM   #183
fluxism
A Murloc Raider
I found a nice little addon to remove the spam at the top center of the screen, such as 'ability not yet ready', for the life of me I couldnt find such a function in the current Mazzle, oops if it's there and I'm just blind. Gives a nice easy to setup drop down list from duece too.

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/ErrorMonster

Yours is the best compilation ever!

05-02-07, 01:33 PM   #184
GraemeF
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Flarin
I have also replaced MonkeyQuest for nQuestLog . I also use the new LightHeaded for quest information. The latest beta's of these two mods play nicely together.
I'll add a "me too" there for nQuestLog which I'd really like to see replace MonkeyQuest, but LightHeaded doesn't look mature enough to include yet (although I'm still using it, I miss the Cartographer waypoint support that qComments had!).

Respect to Mazzle for an unbelievable collection!

05-03-07, 07:45 AM   #185
shadowhawx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Flarin
WIM - this is an instant messenger manager - when you get whispered you get a popup window, successive whispers become tabs in the same window. One recently discovered feature - when you log onto another character and the same person you just spoke with whispered again the conversation pops up with the history from that player. I like this feature.
I second WIM, It s a very good addon and has never caused a problem on my coputer with Mazzle. You will never again miss a tell which is really helpful for me in a raiding set-up.

05-04-07, 05:52 AM   #186
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by shadowhawx
I second WIM, It s a very good addon and has never caused a problem on my coputer with Mazzle. You will never again miss a tell which is really helpful for me in a raiding set-up.
A window popping up, especially in a raid (or any fight) sounds kind of obtrusive. The history feature is quite intriguing though. Can you disable the popups and use the mod for just looking up what someone said in the past? Would be great for figuring out who some obscure person is that you might have only talked to once or twice?

Last edited by Arkive : 05-04-07 at 06:55 AM.

05-04-07, 09:44 AM   #187
Clardrian
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Arkive
A window popping up, especially in a raid (or any fight) sounds kind of obtrusive. The history feature is quite intriguing though. Can you disable the popups and use the mod for just looking up what someone said in the past? Would be great for figuring out who some obscure person is that you might have only talked to once or twice?
I don't think there's an option to disable popups altogether, but you can disable them during combat, and have the icon (either on the minimap, or Fubar) blink to tell you that you've missed a tell, or you can turn down the opacity on the popup window pretty low so that all you can see is the buttons and text on them, that way you can still see through them.

05-04-07, 03:05 PM   #188
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I tried WIM and it seemed pretty cool. Unfortunately, it goes against the goal that I have to keep the screen as unobstructed as possible. So, I feel that it definitely falls in the domain of things people should install on their own if they don't mind that.

05-11-07, 07:27 AM   #189
Priti
A Murloc Raider

I did a search in this thread but nothing came up about this.

I would highly suggest Cartographer QuestObjectives. It's great for completing quests and for lvling alts. Basically it remembers where you found quest items and puts an icon on the map of where it's located. So you can use it for alts or like most cart stuff you can share your database with others to make a really nice database that has all quests available (which is being done at WoWAce Wiki right now).

05-11-07, 10:50 AM   #190
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I second MikScrollingBattleText some of the fonts are semi-childish, but they are crisp, easy to read, and you can change the font manually. I love the way things are organized, and you can customize it a good bit.

I second Yata for Totems. (Ace2 addon) It is a very small, clean interface, in keeping with our lovely unobtrusive Mazzle It also makes sense, which is a big plus in my book.

I think I second WIM. I used to use it a while back, and have recently started using it again. WIM actually has many options wherein you can make whispers still occur in the chat log, or not, you can make the windows not pop up when you get tells, only pop up when you send them, never pop up at all, not pop up except when in a big city, etc. So you can customize to where it wouldn't pop up in a raid. Also, it has a fubar button that blinks when you have gotten a tell, and gives you a list of names you have gotten tells from; you can click these names to bring up the box with the tell you missed, and new stuff is typed in blue, old in white..... wow off the subject of WIM now.

I would definitely agree that GRID is, while interesting, not the best set of raid frames for this UI. I used grid for a long time while waiting for the new PerfectRaid to come out after 2.0 destroyed things . I would suggest trying out PerfectRaid, which is still in beta right now, but is still highly customizable and nice and compact. Clad is a genius.

I like Lightheaded, though it does seem to not give enough utility at the moment, but Clad is working on it as well. I also agree monkeyquest needs a replacement... maybe I just don't understand it's setup.

While I don't really know how they work, I would like the second the idea of a fishing add-on.

While I have never used DagAssist , it sounds great, thnk I will try it.

AuldLangSyne - another ace2 addon, it gives notes beside player names in friend and guild, so you can remind yourself of things. These notes integrate and show up in tinytip and they are printed out into the chat log when the person comes online.

Cosplay - (another ace2) not necessary as such, but it adds nice utility to the dress-up frame (such as a stripping button so you can try out new things without what you have on now, a reset button, etc)

Saeris's LootLink - probably just a personal preference, but I have just had more luck with it than with itemsync.

Well... I hope I didn't say too much

05-16-07, 09:50 AM   #191
DomiceUDMAGE
A Murloc Raider

suggestion

Please integrate SpamSentry and Cryolysis for Mages and Necrosis for Warlocks!

05-16-07, 09:01 PM   #192
Bengarion
Premium Member
Premium Member
Status Window - Zone Information

Unless I'm missing something, it's difficult to determine what zone one is in. Some quests require you to be in a particular zone (area) for the quest to work.

Status Windows would seem the logical choice for displaying the zone. But that, unfortunately, is not one of the options.

There may already be a solution to this, but if so, I can't see the forest for the trees. :-)

Thanks

05-26-07, 11:31 AM   #193
asgord
A Defias Bandit
mass mailing more than 1 object

ctmods mail addon runs well and adds mass mailing

05-26-07, 07:56 PM   #194
Altoidss
A Murloc Raider
I think Mazzle should include Fizzwidget Linkerator in the next version. It takes a little getting used to, but I can't live without it now. Instead of searching ItemSync for an item link, I can simply type in the item's name in brackets and the link will pop up.

05-28-07, 10:57 PM   #195
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
QuestsFu

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-QuestsFu.html

I used to be a really big fan of MonkeyQuest, but the lack of it updating tooltips with quest info if the MQ window wasn't open really got to me. I decided to try QuestsFu and I have to say, it's pretty nice. I haven't found a way to anchor the main quest window like MQ was, but the Quest Tracker, more detailed tool tips, and quest updates from party members has really sold me. No issues to report with the latest version available either with 2.1.

05-28-07, 11:16 PM   #196
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, I really like the features of QuestFu, but I can't stomach the appearance of the quest list. And I'm not a fan of the ones that just slightly modify the Blizzard window and make it wider. I really prefer a window with hidable quests you can pull up and keep on the screen (like monkey quest). If QuestFu's detached window was more configurable and not so cramped and unattractive, I'd probably go for it. I agree that the features are quite good.

Anyway, I know it's a subjective thing, so I highly encourage you to use what you find most useful. If MonkeyQuest3 ever comes out of alpha, I'd also encourage you to give it another go. It adds many of the features you probably find important.

05-29-07, 10:53 PM   #197
Warkill
A Defias Bandit
Just wanted to let you know that ther is an alternative to MonkeyQuest.

For some reason - unexplainable, i dislike MQ, but this one I use on all my chars.

Description
Direct Download

05-30-07, 08:56 AM   #198
smorfty
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Mazzle for sucha good looking and working UI !

Everything works fine for me, but it wouldn't hurt with i new "HUD" ( i think its calles HUD )
You can try to make it look different or something, or maybe an option there you can change the HUD by yourself until you find the HUD you like most!

05-31-07, 08:23 AM   #199
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
If I might make another suggestion, a lot of folks wanted the text bigger, and I too found the default setting a bit small, even on a Dell 30" (the tells and channel messages didn't jump out enough), but in my opinion, adjusting the scale of the text up using Large or Magoo made the right side combat logs very difficult to read due to wrapping of text. Perhaps a possibility would be to decrease the relative font size between those combat logs and the regular chat logs on the left? I went in and adjust my combat logs to 10pt and the five chat windows to 14pt and I couldn't be happier. Once again, like you said, it all comes down to personal preference

Also, anyone reading this that wants to adjust their font sizes of the combat logs on the right, just go under Deuce Commander, Chat/Communication, Prat, ChatTabs, Set Mode, and choose "All". That'll give you access to the hidden tabs of the right combat logs to change the font size. Just change it from "All" back to "Individual" when you're done to hide the tabs again.

06-01-07, 06:25 AM   #200
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Yeah, I really like the features of QuestFu, but I can't stomach the appearance of the quest list. And I'm not a fan of the ones that just slightly modify the Blizzard window and make it wider. I really prefer a window with hidable quests you can pull up and keep on the screen (like monkey quest). If QuestFu's detached window was more configurable and not so cramped and unattractive, I'd probably go for it. I agree that the features are quite good.

Anyway, I know it's a subjective thing, so I highly encourage you to use what you find most useful. If MonkeyQuest3 ever comes out of alpha, I'd also encourage you to give it another go. It adds many of the features you probably find important.
Mazz, ever checked out nQuestlog? Looks somewhat like MonkeyQuest but has the ability to track individual group members quest progress (so long as they have it installed). The tooltip includes group member objectives, individually listed.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Add-On and Settings Suggestions OLD