06-10-07, 08:22 PM   #1
BreakTheChains
A Defias Bandit
Extremely Simple Bar Addon

I've been trying to find a good bar addon that was easy to use and didn't need documentation but all I can find are addons that make me want to rip my hair out.

Anyways, heres the idea: WoW already has the normal bar interface which is fine the way it is except that it's a bit hard to change stances and have your normal bar stay the same (talking warrior here). So if we just made a little bar for Berserker stance and a little bar for defensive stance I just might be able to keep myself from slamming my head into the wall.

In each little stance bar there would be stance specific buttons that when pressed could change the stance and perform the attack at the same time (If the user wanted this enabled).

Most of this could probably be done as an Xbar addon if not a standalone. I hope someone could do this since I know it would help a ton of people. Most people don't even change stances so this could help them with that. If anyone is gonna do it then email me if you have any questions or ideas you think I might want to know. Thanks in advance.
06-10-07, 09:14 PM   #2
alan120880
An Aku'mai Servant

i have used both Bartender3 and Bongos, (curently bongos because i am using Mazzelui) i dont know about the other bar mods out there but IMO bartender does almost exactly what u are asking for. when changing stance it changes Bar 1 for u in the same way that going into stealth (for rouges) changes bar one to alternate, this is dependant on ALL stances as well so u can have all the stances set up how u want and when u change all ur new stance moves change automaticaly for u.

In each little stance bar there would be stance specific buttons that when pressed could change the stance and perform the attack at the same time (If the user wanted this enabled).
I may be wrong but i think that borderlines on automation and is therefore breaking the ToS, however if i am wrong i apologise and hope someone corrects me for my info as well as ur own.

anyway i hope this is ok and helps u as much as possible

Keep Safe

06-11-07, 01:04 AM   #3
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yeah, that kinda violates the "One Action Per Keypress" rule that broke so many addons last year. You might be able to write a macro that lets you press it once to change the stance and a second time to perform the action, but that would be a function of the macro, not the bar mod.
Also, this may be a stupid question, but wouldn't changing to a stance then trying to perfom an action be kind of counter productive anyhow? As i seem to recall, most of the time your Rage pool drains completly when you change stances unless you have a certain build, so even if you could do both with one keypress, you more than likely wouldn't have the rage to perform the action anyhow. Been awhile since I played a warrior, though, so I could be wrong.
06-11-07, 01:55 PM   #4
BreakTheChains
A Defias Bandit
The idea wasn't automation merely the addon using a macro that is written for the user when the addon is installed.

The problem with bongos and the other ones is that it replaced all of the bars and for some reason I couldn't seem to get it set up correctly. Thats why there should be an addon that lets you add extra bars. Also the extra action bars that you can already set up in WoW don't really do the job right which is why I don't use those for attacks.
06-11-07, 02:23 PM   #5
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I dont mean to flame here - but honestly - read the instructions for Bongo's - these are EXTREMELY easy to setup with a little time investigating the install instructions. Bartender3 is easy to configure as well, but I believe the keybindings are easiest to setup with Bongos.

I currently use InfiniBar which is out of your league.

Read the instructions for Bongos- it has everything you need and is dead easy.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Extremely Simple Bar Addon