06-15-07, 12:41 PM   #1
alenda
A Cliff Giant

Bongos and the context menu

I play a warrior, and for whatever reason, the way bongos handles paging now is to actually use up some of your bars to save the skills. This isn't that big of a deal, as I can place my skills and then hide the bars I don't want to see, but the bar that is used for berserker stance is also the bar that is the context menu. I can't change one without changing the other. =(
Also I'm still having issues getting the hotfix/install working properly again, see:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=10532
No one has answered me on this in two days.
06-15-07, 01:16 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You did not post enough information. All the picture that you posted indicated was that you probably got an error at some point. That's what those fatality sounds you asked about mean. You need to find the error when it happens and post that. There is information in the faq and bug report thread on how to do that.

As far as bongos is concerned, it should not overlap the same action IDs as either the context menu or any other bars. Post which button layout and aspect ratio you chose were.
06-15-07, 01:47 PM   #3
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I have written about this happening to me in the support thread before. It happens to me on my druid and my fiancee's warrior.
my screenshot:

This is with a fresh install, no outside mods, new WTF, new Cache even. It affects both the cat and dire bear bars for me. I have done a fresh install several times.

This was Mazz's response to my ?.
Yes, they do use action ID's, namely the last 32. The version of Bongos with the package is designed so that iit will never use those IDs.

If you have indeed not changed the button add-on, then I put too many buttons in one of the layouts. Which layout are you using?
Perhaps it has something to do with your layout? Have you checked bongos to see where your stance bars go?
I am using the Simple Druid Layout, and the Simple Warrior(?) Layout. However, it happens with other layouts as well. It has happened since the original ui release for me.

I seriously doubt this is an issue caused by the layout Mazz made, and I have set the cat and dire bear bars to shift the bongos action bar by only 1 and 2 pages, so I don't see why they are still considered the last 32 buttons. Nevertheless, changing things in the context menu still changes them in my shapeshifted bars
Any help is welcome!

Edit: ZOMG! I forgot to make Mazz's words green! /shame

Last edited by Nynaeve : 06-15-07 at 02:03 PM.
06-15-07, 02:02 PM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Nyn, I was not able to recreate this issue in either of those layouts. Please zip up the Bongos_ActionBar.lua saved variable files from the warrior and druid you have this problem on and attach them to a post.
06-15-07, 02:35 PM   #5
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Here are the bongos_actionbar.lua zips. This is with a fresh install, fresh wtf, fresh cache(silly, i know). I am still having the problem.
My only guess it that this is from having used bongos/bartender/variousbarmods before. Speaking of, my buttons are saved when I delete my WTF, but I still don't see why bongos is ignoring the code you put in it.
The buttons in the context menu even glow when I shift into the appropriate form and dim when I shift out. At this point I'm thinking it is somewhat neat

O yeah, i forgot to say, before I did a fresh install i even did everything outlined in the "For druids having problems with bars not paging when shapeshifting," simply to see if it helped, even though I had no such problems. I didn't.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 07-18-08 at 05:23 PM.
06-15-07, 03:18 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nynaeve
Here are the bongos_actionbar.lua zips. This is with a fresh install, fresh wtf, fresh cache(silly, i know). I am still having the problem.
My only guess it that this is from having used bongos/bartender/variousbarmods before. Speaking of, my buttons are saved when I delete my WTF, but I still don't see why bongos is ignoring the code you put in it.
The buttons in the context menu even glow when I shift into the appropriate form and dim when I shift out. At this point I'm thinking it is somewhat neat

O yeah, i forgot to say, before I did a fresh install i even did everything outlined in the "For druids having problems with bars not paging when shapeshifting," simply to see if it helped, even though I had no such problems. I didn't.
Well, I just tried your druid file on a 70 druid friend of mine, and I could not recreate it. The context menu was exactly as it was supposed to be. I reviewed the code for the context menu and it does not seem like it could use any other action IDs unless another add-on is interacting with it somehow. Without being able to recreate it, the only thing I could suggest at this point is to wait until the new version or do a clean install and make sure you really deleted your old WTF and Interface folders.

Oh and using those other mods before should have no impact if you truly did clean installs. The only thing they could have affected is the placement of the spells.
06-15-07, 05:49 PM   #7
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

OK! somehow, the bars were offset, which is why half my context menu was my cat bar and the other half was my dire bear bar.
This is what I did to fix the problem:
1. Deleted everything
2. reinstalled Mazzle... again.
3. Brought up the game.
4. Went to my char, Mazzified as usual, in the "Simple Druid Layout"
5. Mazzified again, this time with Mazz'a Druid Layout, letting Mazz place my skills.
6. Then I deleted my WTF again
7. Brought the game back up, Mazzified in Simple Druid.
8. Had to reset all the skills the way I wanted them, but so far, the context menu hasn't incorporated any of them!

I have done all of this before, to no avail, no idea why it worked this time, since I have had this issue since initial release (maybe it has smething to do with Mazz's bongod fix?). The way the bars are offest by the simple layout was overriden by Mazz's setup.
I will try all of this on my warrior later to see if it should help you , alenda.
06-15-07, 06:13 PM   #8
alenda
A Cliff Giant

I used the normal aspect ratio, and I used the big-button simple layout. All of this was with a clean wtf and mazzle install.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bongos and the context menu