07-08-07, 01:29 PM   #1
Athien
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Cartograper waypoints does not like comma space

ok so when i go to type /way 65, 31 or any coords it doesn't enter in and after about 1 second i get a bugsack error with the following:
[2007/07/08 12:25:06-5-x1]: Cartographer_Waypoints-2.0\Waypoints.lua:705: attempt to compare number with nil
Cartographer_Waypoints-2.0\Waypoints.lua:769: in function `value'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3406: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3331>:
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3098: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3119: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed':
<string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

---

bizzare, as i did a fresh install and everyone i know irl who has mazzle is having the same issue, all of them doing a fresh install, not even saving one bit of settings from before, now, i have done a bit of coding in the past, not familiar with LUA at all, but where it says attempt to compare number with nil, it almopst seems as if it has nothing to run the coordinates against, but i am going to try running WAU on cartographer ton see if it fixes it, i will post back my results in about 15 mins or so
07-08-07, 01:41 PM   #2
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is odd. I have had some bugs with waypoints, but not like that.
I use /waypoint and it works fine for me.
I'll try /way later and see if i get the bug too.
07-08-07, 01:43 PM   #3
stec
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Athien
ok so when i go to type /way 65, 31 or any coords it doesn't enter in and after about 1 second i get a bugsack error with the following:
[2007/07/08 12:25:06-5-x1]: Cartographer_Waypoints-2.0\Waypoints.lua:705: attempt to compare number with nil
Cartographer_Waypoints-2.0\Waypoints.lua:769: in function `value'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3406: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3331>:
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3098: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3119: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed':
<string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

---

bizzare, as i did a fresh install and everyone i know irl who has mazzle is having the same issue, all of them doing a fresh install, not even saving one bit of settings from before, now, i have done a bit of coding in the past, not familiar with LUA at all, but where it says attempt to compare number with nil, it almopst seems as if it has nothing to run the coordinates against, but i am going to try running WAU on cartographer ton see if it fixes it, i will post back my results in about 15 mins or so
Ok after the comma in your /way 65, 31 youve put a space, there shouldnt be a space after the comma. Do you normally leave a space there or was it just for this post.
07-08-07, 01:52 PM   #4
Athien
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by stec
Ok after the comma in your /way 65, 31 youve put a space, there shouldnt be a space after the comma. Do you normally leave a space there or was it just for this post.
i have always put a space in every coords addon i have used, cartographer used to be fine with it. but i will check right now, and if that doesn't work i will use WAU
EDIT: just got back, removing the space works, ty, weird tho, i have always put a space when using /way
07-08-07, 02:21 PM   #5
stec
A Cliff Giant
Nps mate just happy it worked for you, i had the earlier version of maz and never used /waypoint so i wasnt sure if you could use a space or not
07-08-07, 02:21 PM   #6
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The space is not getting trimmed off by cartographer. This can create the various mismatched exact comparison errors (like the one you got). I'd even bring it up with the good folks over at WoWace Forums.
07-08-07, 03:20 PM   #7
SPIN3LESS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Actually just encountered this bug for myself today... definately doesn't like something about the spaces... though I'm sure I used to use them *shrugs* just thought i'd confirm the problem... easy enough to make sure you just don't add the space though i suppose...

07-08-07, 09:29 PM   #8
cerebrix
A Murloc Raider
working as intended just do one less thing when doing coords.

dont space

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Cartograper waypoints does not like comma space