07-17-07, 08:39 AM   #1
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Didn't like MazzleUI 1.10?

Originally Posted by gizmo5444
I tried out mazzle 1.1 and absoloutly hate it! I don't like the new stuff and i miss the look of mazzle 1.01 so im trying to go back to it
First, I pulled this out into a new thread from the Bug Thread.

Second, I'm confused on why you "absolutely hate" MazzleUI 1.10.

Yes, there were a lot of changes between 1.01 and 1.10. However, I think the updates/upgrades is far greater in MazzleUI 1.10.

Yes, the most common issue was opening the menu when you "Right-Click" your characer unit frame (as noted by the plenty of posts regarding this issue). I'm using the 1.25 aspect ratio and by default the 3d characters are Clique-castable. You can turn that off in the Mazz3d section in the MazzleUI option. OR you can open Clique cast and in the custom button, you can bind another "click" to Show the Menu.

And I dig the new skins. I wish I could make/add more.

What EXACTLY you don't like about MazzleUI 1.10 that you had to go back (downgrade) to MazzleUI 1.01? I'm so curious.
07-17-07, 09:03 AM   #2
Cilas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That is a mystifying comment-because it looks fundamentally the same. If I had to guess, it's the items that are immediately apparent as changes: nQuest and Aloft. Personally, I love both. But they are also the biggest visible changes.
07-17-07, 09:57 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Aloft can be disabled - there's even a question in the Mazzifier asking if you want it or not.

MonkeyQuest is dead - I even took it out of my Suitcase. The author hasn't touched it in months and went MIA in the middle of a rewrite of the Monkey Suite. nQuestLog works pretty much the same way as MonkeyQuest did - it just looks a tad different - which can be changed in the options.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-17-07, 10:21 AM   #4
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Seerah
Aloft can be disabled - there's even a question in the Mazzifier asking if you want it or not.

MonkeyQuest is dead - I even took it out of my Suitcase. The author hasn't touched it in months and went MIA in the middle of a rewrite of the Monkey Suite. nQuestLog works pretty much the same way as MonkeyQuest did - it just looks a tad different - which can be changed in the options.
At first, I didn't like MonkeyQuest. But, after using MazzleUI 1.0, I've grown accustomed to it. nQuestLog in MazzleUI 1.10, I think is better than MonkeyQuest though. Nice move.

I personally like that the 3d models are Clique-Castable now. Before, I had to Clique-Cast on the unit frame title bar area. Didn't I say I love Clique?
07-17-07, 11:41 AM   #5
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ringleron
At first, I didn't like MonkeyQuest. But, after using MazzleUI 1.0, I've grown accustomed to it. nQuestLog in MazzleUI 1.10, I think is better than MonkeyQuest though. Nice move.
I was really used to using the Monkey Quest log...and then I found
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oubleWide.html

So much nicer IMO.
07-17-07, 11:55 AM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My guess is that this person simply didn't notice there was a skin chooser and didn't like the new default skin. There simply aren't that many fundamental changes that would warrant such a reaction, IMO. And even the things that are different are easy to disable (most have questions in the Mazzifier) or personalize. And to want to give up the slew of new feature additions and bug fixes, not to mention improved performance?

If that is indeed the case, I'm once again amazed by how much work people will do to achieve something that could have easily been achieved by reading documentation or simply paying attention to what the Mazzifier says. If it's not the case, I'll still be amazed, but for a very different reason.
07-17-07, 12:04 PM   #7
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
You wouldn't be surprised by people who do NOT read what is provided for them.

I never am anymore.

I can understand frustration, though; spending some time (even hours) trying to figure something out, reading documentation, etc. -- only to find out that you weren't looking in the right spot with the answer pasted in front of your face.

I did notice one thing, though, the other night. I've been using the WoWAceUpdater to update the addons in the compilation, and some of the addons are marked as "subversion working" copies. These particular addons don't seem to be updating via the updater, and are indicated in the SVN section at the very bottom of the addons to choose from.

Will these addons not update that way? Why would the updater show something like that?
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-17-07, 12:22 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
because those are the ones Mazz told WAU not to update.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-17-07, 01:22 PM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Geboran
I did notice one thing, though, the other night. I've been using the WoWAceUpdater to update the addons in the compilation, and some of the addons are marked as "subversion working" copies. These particular addons don't seem to be updating via the updater, and are indicated in the SVN section at the very bottom of the addons to choose from.

Will these addons not update that way? Why would the updater show something like that?
Mazz has tweaked those AddOns so if you updated them at the vary least you would lose the custom changes. Some may even break horribly. I personally love the tweaked version of Hourglass and snatched it for my own custom blend of mods.

If you really want to update them (I do NOT recommend updating these AddOns), then open that AddOn's folder and remove the .svn folder. WoWAceUpdater will then update them.
07-17-07, 01:29 PM   #10
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Xinh
Mazz has tweaked those AddOns so if you updated them at the vary least you would lose the custom changes. Some may even break horribly. I personally love the tweaked version of Hourglass and snatched it for my own custom blend of mods.

If you really want to update them (I do NOT recommend updating these AddOns), then open that AddOn's folder and remove the .svn folder. WoWAceUpdater will then update them.
I was just curious about that is all.

I doubt that any of the addons are "broken" yet with any Blizzard changes, it was just something that I had noticed.

I knew not to update Bongos for certain, but a lot of those "non-update" mods were made so that they could be updated with the Updater (at least as much as I understand about it).

No worries from me.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-17-07, 01:47 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't recall if Mazz did anything to nQL to fit it into MazzleUI or if it was just his bug fixes to it. But if you want to update nQL (back up first!) then delete the .svn folder and update it. I rolled in Mazzle's fixes for LightHeaded and the Dressing Room and someone else fixed it so that it says "Work Complete!" again and only gives one completion notice.

07-17-07, 02:03 PM   #12
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I knew Seerah checked in my nQuestLog additions, but I didn't know that those new fixes made it in. I would definitely remove the .svn for nQuestLog then. The only reason I blocked nQuestLog updating was b/c the fixes I made were not in the svn at the time 1.1 was released, and it seems the author has quit the game.

As for the other ones:

GfxToggle2: Disabled the mipmap changing b/c it causes the textures to disappear until reload, which makes the manual efficiency mode hard to use.

Hourglass: Has user-submitted I got from the forums that added a bunch of stuff. These were not my changes, but the Mazzifier and MazzleOptions does rely on having them set up that way. I have since added more modifications to Hourglass.

mybindings2: Added localization info submitted by a french beta tester

TopScoreFu and KOTJ: Was using old versions b/c I didn't want add a second combat log parser library, Parser3.0, when those were the only 2 add-ons that would use them. If I were to release another version, I would probably remove these and add Parser 3.0, as more things I'm using seem to need it.

I think that's all of them. All other third-party customizations are done with the preloader. In most cases, updating add-ons that the preloader modifies doesn't break things, but that's not guaranteed to always be true.
07-17-07, 08:12 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, I checked them in right after 1.1 went live. Finally gave in and did it myself. Parser-3.0 should have a compatability layer with the old ParserLib, but some addons were still giving a fit if they specifically asked for "ParserLib" - not sure if that's been fixed yet, since I just run both parser libs.

07-18-07, 07:34 PM   #14
trezy
A Cliff Giant
Hey I would just like to say that I haven't had any problems using WAU to update my mods normally, I also unticked "Skip SVN Working Copies" in the options menu, it didn't seem to cause many problems. Also the new version of nQuestlog in WAU now has the working objective complete notifier.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Didn't like MazzleUI 1.10?