07-25-07, 06:43 AM   #1
mrs8joker1988
A Fallenroot Satyr
mazzle screenshot diff. from my view

I notice that on the screenshots given by Mazzle party members have their name, health and mana (if applicable) as well as level and class displayed on the right side of the their 3-d model whereas mine looks like this as does my husbands. Is there something that I have to check during a Mazzify to get that result or have I done something wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072507_083657.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	1288  
07-25-07, 07:43 AM   #2
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe it has to do with the aspect ratio that you're running WoW at. Mazzle's screenshots are in the 1.6 aspect ratio, while yours is in the 1.33 aspect ratio. I run at the 1.6 aspect ratio, and the name / class are just as in the screenshots.
07-25-07, 12:07 PM   #3
mrs8joker1988
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok, thanks. I'll have to try that out.
07-25-07, 12:19 PM   #4
mrs8joker1988
A Fallenroot Satyr
Alright just posting that it worked in case someone else has the same problem. Thanks again for your suggestion.
07-25-07, 12:25 PM   #5
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mrs8joker1988
Alright just posting that it worked in case someone else has the same problem. Thanks again for your suggestion.
What steps did you do to fix this, if I might ask? *curious*
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-25-07, 01:53 PM   #6
mrs8joker1988
A Fallenroot Satyr
Well, I changed the scale through a Mazzify but I don't think I can keep it that way after playing with it. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about. My target's info is displayed to the right and it just doesn't look right and I don't think it's supposed to be like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072507_155112.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	1289  
07-25-07, 01:55 PM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Geboran
What steps did you do to fix this, if I might ask? *curious*
I don't think there was nothing to fix. He simply didn't know that the unit frames differ slightly depending on aspect ratio, i.e. there is different unit frame layout and style for each aspect ratio.

If anything, he may have switched to a different aspect ratio that his monitor also supports and re-mazzified. I wouldn't recommend doing that in general, b/c it may make things blurry if it's not the native aspect ratio of your monitor.
07-25-07, 01:59 PM   #8
Geboran
I had the same problem as this, and had to manually adjust the Target frame position using the Discord Unit Frames options /duf and manually clicking to adjust them to line up where I need them to.

I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it.
07-25-07, 01:59 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by mrs8joker1988
Well, I changed the scale through a Mazzify but I don't think I can keep it that way after playing with it. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about. My target's info is displayed to the right and it just doesn't look right and I don't think it's supposed to be like that.
It looks you changed the aspect ratio in the Mazzifier, not the scale. And, you can't do that. The aspect ratio in the Mazzifier has to match the aspect ratio of your screen resolution that you run WoW at. If you want to mazzify at a different aspect ratio, you'll need to change your screen resolution first. But like I said in the last post, if your monitor is not truly widescreen, that may cause your picture to be blurry. It will also make everybody look really skinny.

Aspect ratio is your screen width divided by your height. Look in WoW's video option to see what it is.
07-25-07, 02:00 PM   #10
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I had the same problem as this, and had to manually adjust the Target frame position using the Discord Unit Frames options /duf and manually clicking to adjust them to line up where I need them to.

I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it.
Yes, remazzify at the correct aspect ratio.
07-25-07, 02:01 PM   #11
mrs8joker1988
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks a bunch!
07-25-07, 02:14 PM   #12
Geboran
I guess I'm confused how to do that exactly.

I have a 15" tall by 22" wide monitor (which comes out to approx. 1.46 aspect ratio).

How would I want to go about doing a /mazzify to a screen that will fit everything as it should?

I guess I need a line by line on how to do this exactly.

Something like this perhaps:

1. Go to the Blizzard Video Options and configure the resolution (not sure what resolution would work to make everything readable (with Mr. Magoo font size option)

2. In the same Blizzard Video Options screen, change the UI scale to 1.46 (to match the aspect ratio)

3. Apply the Video Options, waiting for the UI to reload.

4. /mazzify to one of the three resolution sizes listed (not sure which one would be best for me to select)

------------------------------------------------------------

My problem comes that 0.64 is just entirely too small for me to be able to read comfortably for a lot of the various font displays (though I can increase the font size of the chat windows just fine via tab options, increasing them as needed)

My wife had looked at what I had done and asked me how I could possibly read all of the other smaller text. I told her simply that I couldn't very well at all.

I'd like to know what the "correct" procedure is for me to follow so that I can re-do the /mazzify and make it look and work as intended. The features in the UI are simply incredible and highly functional, and this issue is what makes it difficult for me to work through and play with.

When reading the FAQ, it states:

To change the overall font scale, you'll need to access ClearFont. You can do this via MazzleOptions. The ClearFont scale will change the appearance of all fonts in the UI and will affect far more than just the chat window.

I'm a bit hesitant about the "will affect far more than just the chat window." statement. I don't want to FuBar something up (if you know what I mean).

Last edited by Geboran : 07-25-07 at 02:30 PM.
07-25-07, 02:46 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I run WoW (and my computer in general) at a resolution of 1280x1024. 1280 divided by 1024 is 1.25, hence I use a 1.25 aspect ratio. My laptop that I'm on now is 1024x768 - that's a 1.33 aspect ratio.

Aspect ratio =/= UI scale. The UI scale is the scale of all of your UI elements. Example, you use Bartender and you set a bar to 64% of it's normal size in the scale option. When the Mazzifier sets your UI scale at .64, that means that everything (the minimap, character window, auction house, etc) is 36% smaller, or 64% of it's normal size. It is done this way because the smaller things are, the more you can fit on your screen. How many gnomes can you fit in a car vs. how many Tauren?

To change only your chat font size, then just change it in Prat (that way you won't have to go and turn on the hidden chat tabs for the combat logs). If you do it via ClearFont, then it will change the scale of all fonts affected by ClearFont (tooltips, menus, Character window, etc.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-25-07, 02:56 PM   #14
Geboran
That's the problem, though. I don't want to change just the chat options. That's easily enough done without much fuss and still fits in the windows well enough.

Its all of the other text that is really small and difficult to read, and I am sure that it is because the UI scale is set at 0.64 vs. something more like 0.75 or other slightly larger (but easier to read) scale.

I like having the information on the screen and giving me more visual surface area; I just need to be able to read the bulk of the text without it going out of bounds and whatever else. A clean interface, basically.

Because my aspect ratio is larger than 1.33, which one should I try to re-mazzify to? The smaller 1.33 or the larger 1.6? How will that affect the size of fonts?

I don't even know what the resolution should be set at, honestly. *sighs*
07-25-07, 03:30 PM   #15
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Your aspect ratio is not based on the physical size of your monitor. It's based on the resolution you have set in your video options.
07-25-07, 03:55 PM   #16
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

You can change the font sizes as stated earlier in clearfont's settngs. Last i checked if it makes undesireable changes (which i highly doubt that would be the case anyway) you can always return it to its previous settings without any trouble.

With the mazzifier its always a few clicks away from back to as it was before in the event of a major issue. Thats the beauty of the mazzifier.

I think your over-thinking this with ratios and such. Start simple aka the clearfont settings. If that doesnt do what you want then you can go from there. Its the basic K.I.S.S. rule. Dont make it harder then it needs to be unless you have exhausted all the simple options.

Sometimes you just have to try lol.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 07-25-07 at 04:00 PM.
07-25-07, 04:01 PM   #17
Geboran
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Your aspect ratio is not based on the physical size of your monitor. It's based on the resolution you have set in your video options.
And, upon Mazzification, the aspect ratio is selected "automagically", placing things as it should.

I must be using too high of a resolution, and the Mazzification process is selecting a UI scale for it that makes the font too small to read comfortably.

You couldn't possibly direct me to a list of resolutions and what the UI scale would be set to by the Mazzification process, would you?
07-25-07, 04:21 PM   #18
Wolvig
Premium Member
Dude its not your aspect ratio.Use clearfont to adjust your font scale.
07-25-07, 05:41 PM   #19
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

And, upon Mazzification, the aspect ratio is selected "automagically", placing things as it should.

I must be using too high of a resolution, and the Mazzification process is selecting a UI scale for it that makes the font too small to read comfortably.

You couldn't possibly direct me to a list of resolutions and what the UI scale would be set to by the Mazzification process, would you?
In the current version of the MazzleUI, the UI scale is always 0.64 regardless of resolution. That's not something you can change easily without altering the positioning of everything.

As for your aspect ratio, choose your native screen resolution or the highest resolution your graphics card can comfortable handle and make sure your mazzifying at that same aspect ratio. For example, I run WoW at 1920x1200, the maximum resolution that my laptop supports. When I go in the Mazzifier, I would double check that it says 1.6 aspect ratio since 1920/1200 = 1.6.

Depending on your monitor or screen size, some people do find it too small. If you read the FAQ, there are a few questions related to how you can tweak certain aspects to ameliorate this. Some of those suggestions are mentioned in the posts above.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 07-25-07 at 05:45 PM.
07-25-07, 06:22 PM   #20
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
Or just select Mr Magoo in the Mazzifier?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » mazzle screenshot diff. from my view