07-31-07, 12:34 PM   #1
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Quick Weapon Swapping

I would like to know if there is a quick weapon swapping option in MazzleUI?

If not, can anyone suggest what mods to add?

I was looking at RSwapper, but it requires an outdated mod, WeaponQuickSwap (I think).

I'd like to be able to quickly switch weapons when I play my rogue (from dagger/sword to sword/dagger).

TIA
07-31-07, 12:36 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
just use a macro
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-31-07, 01:00 PM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Or use Itemrack, and make a weapon set for it. You can then use that set in a macro or assign a binding to it.
07-31-07, 01:28 PM   #4
Ringleron
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Or use Itemrack, and make a weapon set for it. You can then use that set in a macro or assign a binding to it.
Thanks.

I looked into Seerah's suggestion about a macro and I found this:

/script PickupInventoryItem(GetInventorySlotInfo("MainHandSlot"))
/script PickupInventoryItem(GetInventorySlotInfo("SecondaryHandSlot"))

But, I'll look into Itemrack and see how that goes.

Thanks, again.
07-31-07, 01:32 PM   #5
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Yeah I use itemrack becuase you can have multipul sets its nice
Give Locks Green Fire!!!
07-31-07, 01:46 PM   #6
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Even simpler:

Equip Dual Wield:
/equipslot 16 Main Hand of Mainhandness
/equipslot 17 Your Uber Off Hand

2H & 1H/Shield Toggle:
/equip [equipped:Shields] Big Hammer of Pwnage
/equip [noequipped:Shields] Main Hand
/equip [noequipped:Shields] Shield
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-31-07, 04:46 PM   #7
Ringleron
Originally Posted by Geboran
Even simpler:

Equip Dual Wield:
/equipslot 16 Main Hand of Mainhandness
/equipslot 17 Your Uber Off Hand

2H & 1H/Shield Toggle:
/equip [equipped:Shields] Big Hammer of Pwnage
/equip [noequipped:Shields] Main Hand
/equip [noequipped:Shields] Shield
Thanks, Geboran.

I saw the /equipslot from Wiki.

Using the /equipslot macro, can I use GetInventorySlotInfo("MainHandSlot") as a parameter for "Main Hand of Mainhandedness" (and GetInventorySlotInfo("SecondaryHandSlot") for "Your Uber Off Hand")?

This way I don't have to update/change the macro if and when I get a new one hand weapon.
08-01-07, 12:28 PM   #8
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
The real power of itemrack vs. a macro

A nice advantage of itemrack is that it can automatically switch on certain events. Thus, for my warrior, I have dual weilding swords for Battle Stance, Shield and sword for Defensive Stance, and my "big two-hander" for 'Serker Stance. Then I have the space bar switch between stances (rather than jump). So, in battle, I just use the space bar to do my stance dancing and itemrack keeps up - with no effort on my part - with the weapons best fitted for that stance. Note that you can switch weapons during battle, but not armor.

Ditto for my rogue - when I go in stealth, itemrack automatically switches my main hand weapon to the big, slow (but hard hitting) weapon to maximize Ambush, but switches back to faster, higher DPS weapon as soon as I leave stealth.

That way, I just have to worry about what abilities to use, and know that itemrack is keeping the weapons straight. itemrack can also make sure your boots w/ the spurs are put on when you mount, and your riding crop switches out with the combat-type trinket, and back again when you dismount. Ditto for the Argent Dawn trinket when in Plaguelands, etc. This is really handy for us morons who "farm" in Plaguelands for 20 minutes before it dawns on us that we aren't getting the rep drops because we don't have the Argent Dawn trinket on.....

Only downside - when you get new gear, you have to change the "set" so itemrack knows to use the near item. I've forgotten this once or twice ("why am I using that old thing!?!?") but it is not the end of the world and I just fix the "set" once the fight is over.

For the vain, you can also use itemrack for changing armor, etc., when in cities, so you wear your good looking, but useless, stuff in the cities, and automatically put on the ugly stuff w/ the stats as soon as you go out of the cities.

This is all, of course, doable with macros - nothing too fancy when you think of it - but then you have to remember each and every time to hit the right macro. Itemrack can do it more quickly and will remember each and every time letting you worry abou other things. And, of course, itemrack can also assign a "set" to a keybinding, so you still have the ability to manually change things with a single key, but without having to do the macro programming.

Leeroi
"At least I'm not chicken!"
08-02-07, 08:05 AM   #9
Ringleron
Originally Posted by Leeroi
A nice advantage of itemrack is that it can automatically switch on certain events. Thus, for my warrior, I have dual weilding swords for Battle Stance, Shield and sword for Defensive Stance, and my "big two-hander" for 'Serker Stance. Then I have the space bar switch between stances (rather than jump). So, in battle, I just use the space bar to do my stance dancing and itemrack keeps up - with no effort on my part - with the weapons best fitted for that stance. Note that you can switch weapons during battle, but not armor.

Ditto for my rogue - when I go in stealth, itemrack automatically switches my main hand weapon to the big, slow (but hard hitting) weapon to maximize Ambush, but switches back to faster, higher DPS weapon as soon as I leave stealth.

That way, I just have to worry about what abilities to use, and know that itemrack is keeping the weapons straight. itemrack can also make sure your boots w/ the spurs are put on when you mount, and your riding crop switches out with the combat-type trinket, and back again when you dismount. Ditto for the Argent Dawn trinket when in Plaguelands, etc. This is really handy for us morons who "farm" in Plaguelands for 20 minutes before it dawns on us that we aren't getting the rep drops because we don't have the Argent Dawn trinket on.....

Only downside - when you get new gear, you have to change the "set" so itemrack knows to use the near item. I've forgotten this once or twice ("why am I using that old thing!?!?") but it is not the end of the world and I just fix the "set" once the fight is over.

For the vain, you can also use itemrack for changing armor, etc., when in cities, so you wear your good looking, but useless, stuff in the cities, and automatically put on the ugly stuff w/ the stats as soon as you go out of the cities.

This is all, of course, doable with macros - nothing too fancy when you think of it - but then you have to remember each and every time to hit the right macro. Itemrack can do it more quickly and will remember each and every time letting you worry abou other things. And, of course, itemrack can also assign a "set" to a keybinding, so you still have the ability to manually change things with a single key, but without having to do the macro programming.

Leeroi
"At least I'm not chicken!"
Thanks for that nice detail, Leeroi.

I'll look into ItemRack more closely now as I honestly didn't know ItemRack can switch "sets" depending on what stance you are in.
08-02-07, 08:17 AM   #10
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
The latest Outfitter will as well, though Itemrack is sure to be less memory-intensive.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
08-03-07, 01:08 AM   #11
Neroon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Itemrack rocks!

I have been using it since its release and loved the fact that it was in Mazui.

When I entered Plaguelands my AD trinket loads (don't do that much anymore), when I mount it loads my riding crop. I hit Numpad 7 my tank set loads, 8 my DPS gear loads, 9 my FR gear, 4 AR, 5 NR. You hit Numpad 1 and its sword & board time, 2 I DW, and the Del key switches me to my 2H -- life is good
08-03-07, 02:28 AM   #12
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Geboran
The latest Outfitter will as well, though Itemrack is sure to be less memory-intensive.
and the least memory intensive is wardrobe2

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Quick Weapon Swapping