10-06-07, 01:17 PM   #1
Maegrette
A Murloc Raider
Ignore group invites from level 1 characters?

When I'm playing my lower level characters, I am constantly interrupted by unsolicited group invites. Inevitably, when I /who the person, it's a level 1 warrior in Elwynn Forest (i.e., someone forming a raid for the purpose of gold spamming).

I've looked everywhere for a mod to block this. There are mods to auto-decline duels, or to ignore whispers from level 1 characters, but nothing like what I'm looking for. The closest I've found is SpamSentry, which can block invites from people not in your guild or flist and whom you haven't communicated with via tells, but I can see where this could make PUGs problematic (the person trying to recruit more for the group isn't always the group leader). I don't need anything that complicated - I just want to block group invites from level 1 characters.

Is there a mod out there that does this? If not, how hard would it be to make one?
10-06-07, 03:46 PM   #2
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i thought spam sentry did that also?
10-06-07, 03:57 PM   #3
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Try AutoDecline, link is http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=4559
10-06-07, 07:32 PM   #4
Maegrette
A Murloc Raider
Hmm thanks, but neither of these is exactly what I was looking for. SpamSentry can block whispers, but not group invites, from players below a set level. Both SpamSentry and AutoDecline can block party invites, but it only allows people on your friends/guild list or who have sent you a tell first. I get legitimate group invites from people who don't meet the criteria all the time - from PUGs where someone besides the leader has asked me to join, from the stranger who notices I'm on the same quest and shoots a quick invite so I can get credit for the thing they are killing.

I don't need a mod that's as restrictive or has as many bells and whistles as these two do - just something to block group invites from people of a level I'd never be grouping with.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ignore group invites from level 1 characters?