10-12-07, 05:55 PM   #1
Harrynutz
A Murloc Raider
This is for Mazzlefizz

Hello Mazzle. I have played World of Warcraft for over a year now. I have seen UI's come and go. Some were good, others were ok, but yours top the charts. The experience you put into it and the love of your craft made for a great product. I am no developer by any means, I am just a lowly network admin with a love for wow.

When the first patch came out, the UI was broken, you came back not too far down the road and put out an updated version. I respected you for that. It showed you had a responsibility to the community and you acted on others requests. Much respect and thank you for your kind generosity. It hasnt gone unnoticed, trust me. Of course there are those that do not appreciate such fine talent, and exploit you like a cheap 2$ hoe. i actually find this quite disturbing. Out of all the addons that I have worked with none has been able to place spells where they are supposed to go. Or even do the work for you, idiot proof. But like I said there are unappreciative people who do not respect the fact that you put alot of work into it and deserve some kind reward for it.

I saw that there was a thread where you were asking if you put up a site for exclusive members to be able to put up a membership fee each month and get updates on the UI. Whatever happened to that idea? I for one would have been there with money in hand just to get this awesome UI after every patch ready to go with no hassle. I mean I am sure that there are at least 100-200 people that use this UI and there are many that would pay to get that UI properly updated. I mean say for example if 100 people gave you say 9$ a month each month thats 900$. This can be lucrative and a bases for future projects. I am pretty sure that you are well versed in business and do not need me to tell you that there is a potential to make money. Not to mention you will be serving a small community of players that will appreciate the work you put into this.

I am currently using a decent UI, because I got tired of the errors and the mishaps mazzle was giving me. I did follow the threads of the fixes and install them all, but like Meio said it was temporary, and like a crack head, I want one all together fixed right now. I am sure there are others that feel the same. I understand you do not play the game anymore and have no real interest in pursuing this, but you put out a product, got people hooked, and now there is no new update from you the author. For me this is reminiscent of a drug dealer with the best pot around, but because he doesnt feel like getting that same quality, got people going out there using some other drug and not satified with the high. Forgive me for saying, but you have a responsibility to the people that have been using your product and have come to love it. You want to get paid for your time? Fine, put up the site and start charging membership. I will be the first one up with my money in hand. But please do something to remedy my pain for this great UI. Dont get me wrong, I greatly appreciate Meio and others that have made it possible to have a somewhat workable UI, but please man, help us out. Thanks for your time and hope you understand where I am coming from

10-12-07, 06:24 PM   #2
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MazzleUI is working perfectly for me, zero errors at all on any of my chars
70 lock , 70 priest, 70 rogue, 60 hunter, 30 druid ( ive made the druid since the last patch and mazzlefyed perfectly )
been using WoW Ace Updater ( WAU ) to keep all the addons up to date, and followed Meio's fixes too

now im not even a lowly network admin, i'm a driller so if I can have the UI working perfectly with minimal work then im sure you can too.

I'm not having a dig at you, my point is MazzleUi isnt dead yet, and it realy doesnt take much work to get it working for you

I cant speak for Mazzlefizz, but from posts Mazzlefizz has made recently, i doubt he / she will be continuing working on this UI, but others, Meio for example have produced fixes for the patch faster than alot of other UI developers have done for their own mods.

MazzleUI is one hell of WoW Interface, and while so many people still use it, it wont die

Stick with it, its worth it.

10-12-07, 08:20 PM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Harrynutz
I understand you do not play the game anymore and have no real interest in pursuing this, but you put out a product, got people hooked, and now there is no new update from you the author. For me this is reminiscent of a drug dealer with the best pot around, but because he doesnt feel like getting that same quality, got people going out there using some other drug and not satified with the high. Forgive me for saying, but you have a responsibility to the people that have been using your product and have come to love it.
Wow, that is delightfully colorful and inappropriate nonsense.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » This is for Mazzlefizz