12-13-07, 08:19 PM   #1
Slappie
A Defias Bandit
Shopping List Idea

As more of a project manager/idea person, I'm not qualified to create this mod, so I put it out to the community of designers to see what you think.

While leveling I didn't spend alot of time on gear and enchants, partially because getting mats for everything is so confusing. It is now common practice to see "___ free with your mats" and "your mats my nether" all over the trade chat. If you are a crafter, I'm sure you constantly are telling people what mats you need to make something for them. Now that I finally hit 70, it's really annoying to look up what I want, put together a shopping list, buy all the stuff (over time of course when the prices are right )

Well, I have a solution, but it's not gonna be easy. This mod could be awesome if a few designers get together and combine efforts. anyway, on to my idea:

part #1: modify linkslist so that when you (modifier)+click a craftable item, it brings up the recipe. all recipes and enchants should have a tiny little button attached to the frame that when clicked, would add the materials to a shopping list. this shopping list should keep a materials list as well as what items/enchants will be the end product

part #2: The shopping list needs to interface with something like "sanity inventory" (keeps track of every toon's bags/bank/mail/etc in one place). the list should automatically subtract items you have and sum up the items you don't have as a final "shopping list"

part #3: Get the auctioneer guys to read the shopping list, and make a one click "search for my shopping list items" button tab. it could automatically pull the top "x" number of %less items for each item on your list.

I know this combines a few different mods and areas of expertise, but I think alot of people would use a mod like this. Just think of how much time you spend on making shopping lists for mats and searching for them.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Shopping List Idea