12-30-07, 11:45 AM   #1
Cyniel
A Murloc Raider
Two TinyTip Errors

So I've been running Mazzle since its public release and loved every second I've spent with it and thus far - to the point of following the patches / code changes posted in this forum. With the latest WoW patch (I know, why post about this so late?), I've managed to fix everything (with the help of the changes posted here - thank you!!) except two TinyTip errors that I receive whenever I seem to mouse over the hotspots found around the targeting unit frame.

I've tried to update DUF, but it just fails into a massive mess, probably more than I want to try and fix - since what I have now works. So I don't bother. I was curious if anyone would be able to help me fix these two errors that seem to pop up a lot during normal and raiding gameplay. They appear to be the same error, just appearing during two different actions.

First Error:
[2007/12/30 11:25:35-1492-x12]: TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:722: Usage: GameTooltip:SetUnit("unit")
TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:722: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:719>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:93: in function `UnitFrame_UpdateTooltip':
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:77: in function `UnitFrame_OnEnter':
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:254: in function `DUF_Element_OnEnter'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Second Error:
[2007/12/30 11:46:53-1492-x3]: TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:722: Usage: GameTooltip:SetUnit("unit")
TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:722: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTip.lua:719>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:93: in function `UnitFrame_UpdateTooltip':
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:77: in function `UnitFrame_OnEnter':
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_UnitFrame.lua:268: in function `DUF_UnitFrame_OnEnter'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Also, this is completely unrealted, but I just reciently (I think) started getting this error dealing with tracking stuff.

[2007/12/30 11:04:59-1492-x16]: GFW_TrackMenu-2.1\TrackMenu.lua:110: attempt to call method 'SetTrackingSpell' (a nil value)
<in C code>: ?

So! if anyone could be so kind as to help me out with quick fixing these two (or three if you're feeling generious) errors, it would be GREATLY appriciated!

Thanks!

Cyniel
12-31-07, 01:33 PM   #2
Cyniel
A Murloc Raider
Bump.

Anyone able to help me out, or shed some light on what's going on / what I need to do?
12-31-07, 07:56 PM   #3
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

step one: update tinytip. The only way to be getting tinytip errors is if you don't have the latest version.
step 2: GFW_TrackMenu is a depracated addon. It's functionality is now part of blizzard's UI, and therefore no longer useful. You can delete it safely.
01-01-08, 02:57 AM   #4
Cyniel
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Malinoric
step one: update tinytip. The only way to be getting tinytip errors is if you don't have the latest version.
step 2: GFW_TrackMenu is a depracated addon. It's functionality is now part of blizzard's UI, and therefore no longer useful. You can delete it safely.
I thought TinyTip was discontinued? It is on WAU and hasn't been updated in >90 days. Of course, I've tried downloading whatever WAU has on it (it obviously doesn't work). Perhaps you could link me to the latest version then? I can't seem to find it anywhere, as everything that comes up related to TinyTip is dead / old.
01-01-08, 02:46 PM   #5
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Okay, I guess I was wrong on the updating part... but the version of tinytip currently on the WAU is working perfectly anyway, I'm not sure why its generating an error for you... I'm playing on the test realm right now with zero issues. =\

That leads me to believe either something interacting with tinytip is throwing an error or the WTF file for tinytip is corrupted. Regardless, if you can find all the savedvariable files for tinytip in your WTF folder, delete those, otherwise, just delete the whole WTF folder and start from scratch. either way you will have to remazzify tinytip... Probably safer to do the whole ball of wax over though.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Two TinyTip Errors