11-15-07, 09:19 AM   #1
Jadeth
A Murloc Raider
Auctioneer...it..erm..*was* a great tool... will it still be(??)

Ok, here's my problem. Since the Auction Hall update on the new patch, Auctioneer isn't working properly for me. Anyone got any info on that particular situation?

Jadeth
11-15-07, 10:08 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Download the updated version here.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
11-15-07, 10:21 AM   #3
Jadeth
A Murloc Raider
Thank You!
11-15-07, 11:13 AM   #4
Jadeth
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
Download the updated version here.

Ack! I didn't see any files on that page...

I tried downloading an updated version from Curse Gaming, but still got error messages when I tried to run Auctioneer. I need a tool to use to guide me in the auction hall, but I may just have to do without, because I don't want to have error messages. Too much hassle for me.

Thoughts?
11-15-07, 11:31 AM   #5
OrcanWonder
A Cyclonian

Just goto www.auctioneeraddon.com and then goto the download tab, select the preview option, disregard the contribution page unless you want to really help them out for their hard work. Then just select either the classic or the advanced suite and you'll be back in business again. You also might want to bookmark that site and then spend some quality time there reading up on the new version. They've already said that Auctioneer 4.x is dead and they will not be issuing anymore updates to it. So we need to learn about 5.x and how it operates.

Last edited by OrcanWonder : 11-15-07 at 11:33 AM.
11-15-07, 11:36 AM   #6
Jadeth
A Murloc Raider
Thanks a bunch for that info!
11-15-07, 11:40 AM   #7
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
well i heard tht auctioneer advanced was better than the original auctioneer...not sure if its been updated for 2.3 yet
11-15-07, 12:50 PM   #8
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

I just tried out AuctioneerAdvanced yesterday. Worked peachy fine with no errors on live 2.3.

It's looking pretty good so far. All the old functionality without gobbling up insane amounts of resources. It will spike about 10+ MB of mem usage during/after a scan, so best to save the scan until you are about to logoff (which it will do for you). I'll play for a while longer before I decide to switch back or not.

Bear in mind that AucAdv is Alpha. It will have bugs. It will have errors. It will be updated daily (probably many times per day).

11-17-07, 01:13 PM   #9
wcoffey
A Defias Bandit

auctioneer

the only thing i have found is: i needed to turn OFF the "old" auctioneer in my add-ons. when i did this the advanced works just fine
11-17-07, 01:49 PM   #10
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Gemini, AuctioneerAdvanced is "gamma" quality software, not "alpha", Gamma releases (term not normally seen) are near release quality but still have some bugs to be ironed out. Another term for gamma is Release Candidate. The Auctioneer devs call it Preview, their alpha versions are the Developer versions and usually found only in the the branches of their SVN.

I highly recommend AuctioneerAdvanced, its a huge improvement over the old Auctioneer
02-22-08, 09:18 AM   #11
Evolution85
A Black Drake

I really didnt like the "Advanced" version. It is way to complicated for it what it needs to . Didnt like how it changed the way items appeared on mouse over. Didnt like that i cant choose which categories to scan..

I went back to the classic. Much easier and user friendly IMO.
03-03-08, 07:37 AM   #12
otelma
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Guys,

I have some issues with auctioneer and MazzleUI.
Since i upgraded to MazzleUI (no regrets, so far -just a great compliation) I no longer see the scan button in the auctioneer frame in the AH.

Did reinstall more than once, and downloaded new release yesterday.

Hope I get some replies from you here.

rgds,
alessandro
03-03-08, 10:19 AM   #13
OrcanWonder
A Cyclonian

@otelma, you might want to take this to the mazzle forum where those users will see it.
03-05-08, 11:38 AM   #14
alpatfan2
A Defias Bandit
Smile some solutions

I use AADV. also keep up with it. The newest relase version is r2887. I suggestthat you d/l it from their website since they update there most often, the other site are normally way behind. here is link to there d/l page http://auctioneeraddon.com/.
One of the most common problems with updateing it . you can try just to put new files in addon folders but that may not work properly. They suggest that you open the zip and remove all the old files from youre addon folders and then install the new ones. I know what youre thinking I don't want to lose my info I have scaned in for weeks,months, years. Thats ok all that info is in youre wtf files and should notr be affected. I do suggest you have a back-up of youre wtf folder anyway so if something goes horribly wrong you can just put youre backup wtf,addon folders back in and try again .
once you do an install with removing old folders first (which is the way I do it) it should work with no problems. If you get an error(s) rember to catch them and either post them here and I may be able to help or better yet read there forums site Here http://forums.norganna.org/discussions/
PLEASE READ ALL THE STICKYS and or do a SEARCH for youre error before posting. Most have already been posted about .
Next they also have a few very good threads about how to use it and settings to use and such make sure you read this one if you are haveing a hard time getting setup or it is not doing what you think it should .
read this one first (part 1) http://forums.norganna.org/discussio...ng-auctioneer/
then go ahead read Part 2 http://forums.norganna.org/discussio...art-2/#Item_81

Good luck and feel free to ask me anything i will help if i Can.
03-05-08, 02:35 PM   #15
Nechckn
Premium Member

Premium Member
Featured
Lightbulb Additional Auctioneer Information

AlpatFan2-

Certainly appreciate your taking the time to put the information together.

We receive tons of messages about upgrading and updating every week. To make things a bit easier, we also have a set of instructions, including all of the names of the files to look for when upgrading/updating, et cetera.

Take a look at http://wiki.norganna.org/Auctioneer/Installing

Again, we appreciate your help, and the input and comments from everyone. It is nice to know that someone is benefiting from our work.

Please allow me to take a few moments to update everyone on the current state of affairs. Just a few tidbits for the curious...

We realize that Auctioneer Advanced is a big change from Auctioneer Classic and that is the reason for our keeping both versions updated and available for the time being. The thought, obviously, is to discontinue the old line but that will not happen until Blizz does something that "breaks" it.

Well over a year has gone into the complete rewrite and testing of Auctioneer Advanced. Our development team took all of the power and abilities of Auctioneer and, via Lua magic, have crafted something that is nimble, efficient, and supercharged.

The module system allows you to pick and choose which modules are active at a given time, increasing performance overall, yet allowing for in depth scanning for deals and bargains via BottomScanner and the upcoming SearchUI. Not to mention that you should see reduced server scan times- with even bigger reductions to come! A changed database structure that means no more "full" database messages and a revamped BeanCounter to track each and every sale.

If you like to customize settings, and who doesn't? Auctioneer Advanced has a fully featured profile system. The profile system allows you to make settings per character, server, account, day of the week, amount of gold on hand, ad infinitum- all via the modules' guis- and change between those profiles at any time. The ability to change column size via right clicking is also included when viewing results in BeanCounter and the contents of your bag or current auctions in Appraiser.

In addition to keeping up with Blizz's changes in 2.2 that greatly affected Auctioneer Classic and Advanced, we have been busy testing all of the changes and modifications with numerous other addons and compilations. Thus far, we have not encountered too many- and those that were found were dealt with- and it looks like there are no "stoppers" remaining, but if there are, that is where we need your help.

Please take some time to try Auctioneer Advanced and comment on the pieces and parts that you do or do not like and, especially, if you run into errors over on our message boards http://Forums.Norganna.Org/ or via http://AuctioneerAddOn.Com if you prefer.

Once the "Search" module is complete and tested, we will likely be upping Auctioneer Advanced to the "Gold" or "Release" status. Both Auctioneer Classic and Auctioneer Advanced are stable and certainly usable in their current states, we simply have very high standards. =)

As always, it's best to keep an eye on http://AuctioneerAddOn.Com/dl since that is the first place we post updates.

Happy Auctioneering,

Nikk

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Auctioneer/Enchantrix/Gatherer » Auctioneer...it..erm..*was* a great tool... will it still be(??)