03-13-08, 12:27 PM   #1
DeathRaven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Smile How ready are we for 2.4?

I by no means wanna rush anyone and know and thank all of you great people that are working to make a new updated version. But since we now know its close (with the patch ready on our computers) could we have a rough update on how well its going?

P.S. I am more then willing to help out where I can even if its only cheering you on!
03-13-08, 01:38 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From reading the forums here, I don't think there are any major bugs. You might have to wait for eris to update duf if there is anything wrong with it, but he usually gets it done fast.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
03-13-08, 08:58 PM   #3
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

I hope that holds true. I was reading over the change log and Bliz made some what appear to be major changes to the way the UI functions.
03-14-08, 12:09 AM   #4
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

The only big changes that I think would affect mazz's ui would be the combat log changes. I'm sure a lot more will pop p, if only minor, but I an see a need for reworking the combat log with the changes to how it works coming in 2.4.
03-14-08, 12:50 AM   #5
alenda
A Cliff Giant

The major concern atm is that addons that use the combat log, none of which are Mazzle's own code, will require complete rewrites. The only issue with this is the mazzifier may not "speak" to them correctly after the change, and so you may need to configure them yourself. Most notably are Simple Combat Log, and probably the damagemeters. I'm fairly certain Omen is up and running on the PTR and requires no setup regardless. (Nobody uses KTM anymore.)

The only solutions would be to rewrite the Mazzifier code, (Which Mazzle has expressly forbidden.) or to customize the addons to react to the Mazzifier correctly, similar to what we see in DeTard's addon pack. I haven't been paying that much attention so I don't know if it's really that necessary, but we'll see what happens. 2.4 should drop in 2-4 weeks now.
03-14-08, 07:51 AM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by alenda View Post
The major concern atm is that addons that use the combat log, none of which are Mazzle's own code, will require complete rewrites. The only issue with this is the mazzifier may not "speak" to them correctly after the change, and so you may need to configure them yourself. Most notably are Simple Combat Log, and probably the damagemeters. I'm fairly certain Omen is up and running on the PTR and requires no setup regardless. (Nobody uses KTM anymore.)

The only solutions would be to rewrite the Mazzifier code, (Which Mazzle has expressly forbidden.) or to customize the addons to react to the Mazzifier correctly, similar to what we see in DeTard's addon pack. I haven't been paying that much attention so I don't know if it's really that necessary, but we'll see what happens. 2.4 should drop in 2-4 weeks now.
That's not really true. I have not "forbidden" bug fixes. In fact, the bug fix patches are compilations of bug fixes that were all user-submitted. If somebody wants to put together all the submitted fixes after 2.4, I can help them release another patch add-on just like I did with Detard and Meio before him. Also, DeTard's add-on pack has no modifications to any of the add-ons included with it. They are not "customized to react to the Mazzifier" as you described. It's nothing more than a compilation of the latest version of the add-ons that were previously packaged with MazzleUI 1.1.
03-14-08, 10:42 AM   #7
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

The PTRs finally popped back up.
I got on to play with the combat log.
It seems that without a working,
updated (for 2.4 PTR current build)
version of Simple Combat Log, I can
not get the combat log setup working.
Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I can't get
a second window to recognize and spit out
combat info.
/cry

Last edited by Nynaeve : 03-14-08 at 10:49 AM. Reason: cLaRiFiCaTiOn
03-16-08, 07:45 PM   #8
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
no.. you're not doing it wrong.... without updating for 2.4 any mod that deals with the conbat log will no longer work...

in 2.4 the log is also only available in chat window 2.
03-25-08, 06:15 AM   #9
DeathRaven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well as im sure you all know 2.4 is live now. I prey mazzle is usable until everything is sorted

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How ready are we for 2.4?